Chapter Four, Zyra's POV,

The second I walk into our apartment I want to walk right back out. You know that woman my dad was sleeping with? Yeah, well she is still here and is doing her stupid hair in the living room mirror. When I walk in she looks at with an odd face. It's like her whole head is smirking and it's so revolting I just want to throw up. Then she looks back at the mirror.

"You must be Zara, nice to meet you!" She says to the mirror.

I take a step into our dirty apartment a look at her. She looks way too pretty and perfect to be with my dad.

"So what were you doing here with my dad?" I say and lean against the wall.

"Oh, nothing, we just were, um.........talking, yes, we were talking," She says and brushes the last knot of her already perfect hair out.

I snort and walk towards my closet room. But before I can make it to the closet, my dad steps out from the kitchen and looks at me with a calm face. He smiles at me, an odd gesture I rarely have seen before.

"Hey did you meet Vera? She is amazing" He says in a slurred voice.

He must still be drunk because he walks up to her and put his hands on her shoulders in a polite and respectful way which is the opposite of my father.

"You have a nice time at work," He says to her in slurred words.

She blushes and then leaves the apartment quickly. The second she leaves his attitude changes into the man I know and loathe. He turns to me with a red face full of hatred and anger. The veins on his neck look like they are about to burst. I take a step back. Oh no.