Chapter Ten, Dawn's POV,

I need to regain my balance after running from my house into here and hugging her. She looks at me with her beautifully toned face and amazing eyes. She is smiling, her head is still wrapped in bandages, her arms still in a cast, but she looks happy to see me. I have the urge to kiss her but I can't, not here, not now. She probably doesn't like me the I way I like her. She holds her arm without the cast out to me and I reach for her hand. It's still her smooth soft, gentle, hands. Every time I hold them, I never want to let go. Plus, that stupid guard is here and I can't let him see me kiss her, he'll put me in jail. I can't help but feel this way towards her, I don't care if it isn't legal. We just hold hands and stare at each other for a while. I can't believe she is alive. I can't believe I am here with her. Then I hear the door open and a doctor comes in. She looks straight at me as if I am some paranormal creature. Then she turns towards the guards.

"I thought I told you to keep everyone out of this room," She says sternly who now has a red face.

"Sorry mam, I was....." He says to her.

"No, no excuse, get out and take Dawn with you," The nurse says and turns around to look at Zyra's vitals.

No, I just got here and it's been so long since I've seen her. I grip Zyra's hand tightly and she looks up at me worriedly. I wish I could hug her and kiss her right now. Her chocolate brown eyes stare at mine and for a minute I forget that a police officer is about to take me away. I can't leave her right now, I can't. She almost died and now I am seeing her alive and well

"No," I say as I stare into Zyra's eyes, "I am not leaving, I just got here"

I feel the guard grab my left arm.

"Yes you are leaving, and with me, now," The policeman says in a rough voice.

I still look into Zyra's eyes and my vision becomes blurry. I can not leave her now. I can't cry now, I can't have her see me cry. She still holds onto my right hand with a firm grasp. Her eyes are pleading with me to not let go. I won't, I promise unless the policeman makes me leave.

"No," I say again, hoping somehow it will change his mind.

"You are coming with me young lady, and if you refuse one more time, I will use my handcuffs and force you to come with me," The policeman says to me, clearly trying to earn back the respect of the doctor.

I force my grasp away from Zyra and turn around towards the policeman. I have to go with him. There would be rumors about me if anybody saw me in handcuffs with a policeman escorting me. People would gasp and shout, because they knew what happened to Zyra's parents, and everyone knows I saved her life. The rumors would also be about her, and her parents, I can't let people hurt her anymore. So I stand up taller and look into the policeman's eyes.

"Fine, I'll leave, just please don't put me in those handcuffs" My voice comes out strained and choked, as if I am about to cry.

I want to cry, for no reason, I want to cry. I leave the room quickly.

"Dawn......" I hear Zyra say as I walk out of the room.

It takes all of my self-worth to not go in there and kiss her.