Chapter Seven, Zyra's POV,

Chapter Seven, My Mother,

It's now Sunday, and I am still in this stupid hospital. Dawn left at dinner time yesterday because parents called her home, and I got her number. The doctors say that I am doing incredibly well and have no memory loss. I feel like I am on top of the world right now. Soon I will be with my amazing mother, my father will get punished for what he did to me, and I got a phone! I can't believe that guy gave me a phone, I can now play games and text Dawn whenever I want! I still am confused about yesterday and how I felt about her holding my hand. It felt so nice and calming to hold her hand but something was wrong with it. I felt somewhere inside my soul that people won't like seeing us holding hands. I just can't stop thinking about her and the way she makes me feel. Why do I feel like this? Why do I feel like I am on fire when I see her? Does she feel the same way? What could this mean? Then I see a figure run into my hospital room. Of course, it's my mom, the only one who would run in a hospital. She looks at me with a concerned and scared expression, I can tell something is wrong. My mother comes up to the side of the hospital bed with chairs and takes both of my hands in hers. She bites her lip and looks me in the eye. Her lip starts to quiver and I can't but feel uneasy.

"What's wrong mother?" I ask her because I am scared.

Her eyes burn holes in my soul and she looks so scared.

"They found out," She says and a tear escapes from her eyes.

I look at her with a questioning face.

"Who found out what?" I ask her.

She looks at me with a sorrow filled face and shakes her head.

"You know...." She says quietly.

"Mom just spit it out already," I say to her calmly, she still grasps my hands tightly unlike the grasp of Dawn.

More tears begin to pour down her cheeks. She wipes them on her sleeves and takes her hands away from mine. She looks away from me and I still have no idea what she is talking about.

"The drugs," She says quietly, "They found out about my drugs, the child protective services"

Her drugs? What drugs? Why would she be so sad that they took them away? I look at her with a questioning face once again and she shakes her head.

"Honey, they are taking you away from me, I just came to tell you that," She says quietly and picks up my right hand and held it in hers.

My heart skips a beat. No, no they can't take her away from me. She's my mother! What does this have to do with drugs? My head spins with confusion and my vision starts getting blurry. A single tear slips down my cheek. Then the police burst through the door of my hospital room, guns in the air. They point them at my mother, five of them in total. My mind can't process this, it's just too much. My mother looks at them and starts to cry. The police put down their guns and put handcuffs around my mother's wrists. One of the policewoman asks me questions about her but I can't think straight. I just can't think. They try to take my crying mother out of the hospital room, but then she kicks two of the police officers hard. They stumble backward and my mom picks up a gun that fell from one of their holsters. The police stumble backward and get behind my bed, they are shouting at my mom to put the gun down and at me to come back there with them. My mom's face is red with anger and she takes a step towards me.

"You let me free and my daughter doesn't get shot," She says.

"Ma'am please, put the gun down, you'll be alright, you're okay, you just need to put down the gun and come with us," One of the policemen with a gruff voice says.

I have been sitting here the whole time in a state of shock watching the scene unfold. My hands and feet begin to tremble as my mother lifts the gun up and points it at me. What is wrong with my mother? Before anyone can do anything about it, she pulls the trigger. It's like a jet of light explodes in front of my eyes and it travels at me. I scream and try to move but it's too late. I felt a sharp pinprick of pain in my arm, blood starts to come out of it. I am now on the floor because the police pulled me down here. I can't hear them, I can't hear anything. My mind is fuzzy as a policeman examines my wound. That's all I can remember before the darkness.