Chapter Nineteen, Zyra's POV,

My brain knows that the police are going to try to catch me at where this train is supposed to be stopping in New Jersey's capital, Trenton. This train is now stopping for a while to fuel up and that's when my mind makes me run out of my seat. My brain makes me find the door out of here, and open it. No one tries to stop me as I run off the train and onto the platform. People are waiting for this train to leave so they can get on their own train, so while they are distracted, I run. I run towards the steps downwards onto the sidewalk below. I dash there quickly and see a road that's flat and leads to nowhere. On the other side of the road is a row of houses and shops. I know this street well, this is the street I lived on when I was a young one. I smile upon seeing it and dash down the road. The police will never find me in my old house, it's yet to be sold, but it's regal with gates outlining the whole property. Of course, I know a way to get in without having to jump the fence so I go to the backyard. In the backyard are rows of thorn bushes, it's a maze I know well from my childhood. The maze leads right up to my swing and when I see it, I instantly sit on it. My backpack feels like a thousand pounds now, and a lot of thorns have broken my skin, but I didn't recognize the sense of heaviness or bleeding. It's like my senses have shut off completely. I run into the house through the backyard and up the attic. My mom always keeps an extra room full of stuff in the attic for emergencies like a zombie apocalypse and whatnot. I used to think she was crazy but now, I am starting to love it. I run up to the attic as fast as I can and when I get there, I throw my backpack on the bed, lay down, and quickly fall asleep.