Chapter Sixteen, Dawn's POV,

We are now in a limo on our way to the orphanage. The services won't tell us anything but that we are safe now. It sends shivers up my spine. Safe. We will never be safe, from the world, from our parents, from our own fears! We will never be safe from life itself. Zyra is holding my hands and looking out the window. She is nervous, I can tell from her shaking arms, jumpy legs, and focused attention. I look out my window and I see us pulling into the parking lot of a huge apartment-like complex. There's a fence surrounding the two apartment complexes that stand opposite from each other. An elderly woman, no older than sixty, comes up to us as we get out of the car. In between the two complexes is a playground and swings which teens and tweens about my age are playing on. They are chasing after each other and laughing. Most of them are boys but a few girls are out as well. We stand next to the car and a woman from the services leads us in through a gate in the fence to the elderly woman who is smiling politely at us.

"Welcome Zyra and Dawn to our orphanage, I'll take you to your rooms where you can settle down and then I will come and get you for lunch!" She says brightly then turns around and starts walking towards the doors of the complex.

Zyra and I still hold hands as we walk into the orphanage. The woman turns around with her grin and starts to talk to us again. A few girls are sitting in a living-room-like area and are talking quietly to themselves as they sit on the couch. They notice us and wave as we walk past them and into a hallway full of doors.

"Okay Dawn, Zyra, my name is Mrs. Anderson, each one of these doors has a number on it, that number indicates which room you are in, all of your stuff from your old houses and rooms are in them" Mrs. Anderson says quickly while turning around to face us, "Dawn, you're room is number one which is right here!"

She points at a doorway that's painted a blue color. On it, there's a little plaque with my name and the number one next to it. So they did take all my stuff from my apartment here? Does that mean all of my drums, Xylophones, and music will be in here? I smile at Mrs. Anderson and open the door to my room while releasing my grip on Zyra's hand completely. The walls are all blue, even the sheets and bedding are.

"Come on Zyra, you're room is upstairs," Mrs. Anderson says.

I hear both of them leave the room and I am alone. I look around and the first thing I see is my drum kit and music stand. I smile and think back to the good old days when I played on it at a concert, and then the teacher said I could keep it! I see my drumsticks lying on my stand along with one of my pieces of music. But when I look at it, it's not my music at all, it's music for a guitar. I don't own a guitar so I just put the piece of music on my dresser and forget about it. Then I see my Xylophone, the one I used to play with outside to make money against the far wall squeezed next to my dresser. I look around and don't see any other of my drums. They must have taken up to much room. I look around and find all my music, (I have literally over hundreds of music pieces from pop to classical, I got it all), in my closet along with my headphones and laptop. I smile. That's the laptop I wrote my first song on and now, I feel like I could write another. Lyrics and rhythm start to pump into my head and I grab a piece of paper and a pencil. Then I write down the rhythm, the harmony, the notes, the lyrics, and it takes so long to write all my emotions down.