Chapter Seven, Dawn's POV,

I just woke up about five minutes ago and I am so tired. My parents got mad at me for leaving my brother alone yesterday without texting them and now he has a smug smirk on his face as I walk into the living. On the small coffee table sits a plate of eggs and bacon which I pick up quickly and devour. Then I sit on the couch next to my brother and text Zyra. She must be so depressed about her parents and her situation right now, maybe I could go over to the hospital and see her. I text her, Hey Zyra it's me Dawn, is right now a good time for me to come to the hospital? Then I wait a minute and stare out the window. I can't help but think about her and it's very strange how much I do, and the dreams about her are the weirdest part yet. All the dreams are about us on vacation at a beach or something and we are laughing. In my dreams, there is no such thing as a limit for imagination, so I even had a dream about us on the moon! My brother sits next to me reading some short chapter book and humming to the tune of a song. I let my mind wander in and out of consciousness as I wait for her to text me back. But instead of a text, I get a call from her number. I hit the receive call button on it and hold it up to my ear.

"Hey, Zyra," I say cheerfully into the phone.

"Honey do you not know what happened to her last night?" I voice, much deeper than Zyra's says on the other end of the phone.

"No....what happened to her?" I say fearfully into the phone.

What could have happened to her this time? I hope she's okay! What if she isn't okay, what if she has her entire memory erased or worse!

"Her mother ran from the cops and to the hospital to see her, as she was talking to her daughter, the cops ran in and handcuffed her but she got one of their guns and shot Zyra in the arm, she's okay, just she's in surgery right now" The voice on the other end of the call says.

She got shot by her mother. I know her parents are divorced and stuff like that but what was wrong with her mom? Why would she shoot her own child?

"Why did she shoot Zyra?" I ask the person on the other side of the phone.

The person on the other side of the phone takes a deep breath.

"Do you really want to know........I mean it's confidential right now because of what happened with her and we are not supposed to tell stuff like that to the public" The voice says.

"I am her best friend, so please, tell me," I say desperately into the phone.

I am angry at her mom, why would her mom ever do such a horrid thing? I just want to see Zyra alive and well.

"Wait........... Are you Dawn?" The voice on the other side of the phone asks.

"Yes, I saved her life, now tell me!" I say forcefully, more like I am pleading with her than anything else.

Then the voice tells me, "Okay, Zyra has it written down in her papers that I can tell you this information because you saved her life, so basically the police found bags of illegal drugs in her house and took it away from her, she ran away from them when they were trying to put her in handcuffs, then it lead into the story I just told you"

Drugs? Her mother was a drug addict? I guess it makes sense in the situation. That's probably why she shot Zyra. I need to Zyra soon, I can't stand knowing her condition and not being able to see her.

"Thank you," I say quietly into the phone. "When can I go and see her at the hospital?"

"You can come and see her in about twenty minutes, she won't be awake but you can still come," The voice says.

That's all I need to here so I hang up on her. I have to go see her, I need to. I look at my brother and he has this look on his face like he already knows what I am going to say. I nod my head and get up to get dressed and see Zyra.