Chapter Eighteen, Zyra's POV,

Chapter Eighteen, The Girl's Here,

We are all down at lunch in a dining room/Cafeteria place. Mrs. Anderson told us that she had picked some people to help us out with adjusting to our lives, but I just want to be alone for some reason. I just want to be alone, and read to forget. Or be alone with Dawn so we could sit and talk. Mrs. Anderson said to sit down at a table, while she gets us some food. I look at all the girls here, they all seem to be happy and content with being in an orphanage until they grow old. I can tell Dawn wants to hold my hand but she's too nervous to try. We go together and sit down at a table consisting of four other people. They already have their food and look at us when we sit down.

"Hey, it's the newbies! Welcome to your amazing life that is about to start!" One of them with short cut red hair says.

"Yeah, this place is amazing! We have an event like every week and there are so many people to meet and stuff to do" Another one of them with long dirty blonde hair says.

I fake smile at them and they really smile at me. Dawn takes my hand under the table and holds it firmly. They sense us being nervous and grin wider.

"Come on! We are nice! It will take a while for you to meet us all but all of us are extremely nice! So, what are your names?" The girl with the red hair says.

Dawn then speaks, "My name is Dawn"

"My name is Zyra," I say softly.

They smile at us and continue eating their food. Mrs. Anderson comes over to the table and puts down two plates of PB and J with two cups of water.

"Here you go, girls, when you are done ask someone were Jori and Sarah are, they are going to help you feel at home as much as they can!" She says and walks away.

Soon we are done eating and we ask where Jori and Sarah are. The people at our table tell us they are at the table near the door, and we slowly make our way towards it. Dawn either doesn't care that she is holding my hand or she is very nervous. Two people at the table spot us and come over with friendly faces.

"Hello, my name's Jori!" A girl with electric purple hair says to me as she walks up to me.

"Hello, my name's Sarah!" The other girl says and walks up to Dawn.

They both smile at us and I can't stand it. Everyone here must have had a miserable life before this, so why are they so happy?

"Okay, so Mrs. Anderson asked me to take Dawn around and show her everything and explain to her stuff, and Zyra, Jori is your ambassador" Sarah says.

Then after a brief little meeting, Jori is showing me around the complex and the playground. It's mostly boring stuff that I could literally see, but she kept talking and showing me around. Then we went inside after a few hours, and she asked if I wanted to read something. This set off us talking about books for awhile and me being overall content. I still can't believe all of this is happening, but everyone seems so happy about it. Maybe I can try too.