Chapter Twenty-Nine, Zyra's POV,

Chapter Twenty-Nine, The Two Of Us,

I am at my sister's orphanage right now, we are drawing together. She is drawing a very complex person while I am drawing a rainbow. It amazes me how good is a drawing, I mean she is only two, imagine what she'll be like when she turns twenty! My heart still aches for Dawn to come back and my mind won't stop replaying our last talk over and over in my head. My mind makes me think that I am the villain here, that what I said somehow triggered something in her and made her leave. I try to keep my mind away from thinking about Dawn, buts that's hard when she is all you have been thinking about for the last month. I have learned that I don't only need her for happiness, Daisy and provide that too. I have learned a lot about Daisy, and one thing I learned is that we don't have the same fathers. When Rose told me this, my mind wasn't surprised at the least. Daisy almost looked nothing like me except for her eyes and her height, plus the fact of her love for drawing. She is either reading, eating, sleeping, or drawing, and I adore that. She has no idea what is going on in the world around her, she is so innocent and young, I don't want to take that from her. I asked Rose if my mom had an affair with Daisy's father or if she was raped, she told me the second option was true. Then she told me not to be frightened because the man is now in jail, locked up, behind bars, and away from us. Everyone else in our family is in jail or dead, all that's left is us. Just the two of us. Daisy has no idea about our parents, all she knows is that she was found by Rose on the sidewalk in front of the orphanage. She will learn in time about our evil parents but now she is just an innocent young child. I on the floor, drawing a rainbow on a blank piece of paper when I hear a knock on the door. I stand up and turn around. I instantly take two steps back when I see who it is. Daisy doesn't notice any of this and continues her picture. I stand in front of her, guarding her against our mother. She has an evil grin on her face and is still in an orange jumpsuit she probably got from jail. Her brown hair is a mess and weathered, her jumpsuit is filthy as well. She has a piece of pipe in her hand and takes a step into the room. I have no idea what to do, but I have to keep Daisy safe.

"Hello Zyra, I escaped from jail just to come see you," She says roughly, "And I came here to see my little Daisy as well!"

At the sound of her name, Daisy turns and sees her mother. She looks up at me with terror in her eyes. She can tell that the person at the door is bad, but doesn't remember her voice which is good. I then remember about my phone, it's in my pocket, the police are on speed dial. I reach into my pocket and start to grab my phone. My mother runs to me and pushes me onto the floor, taking my phone out of my pocket in the process. Daisy screams and I hear Rose come running. I sit up and move in between my mother and Daisy once again. My mother now holds my phone in one hand, and the rusty pipe in another. Rose suddenly comes bursting into the room, my mother doesn't notice her because she is too busy approaching Daisy. The sign of fear and terror in my eyes in enough to let her know to run for help. Daisy starts to ask questions about the identity of our mother in a strained voice. I look down at her and see she is about to cry.

"You are bad mommy aren't you?" She says quietly.

Our mother then begins to laugh, then she quickly throws me against the wall. As soon as my head collides with the wall, everything gets fuzzy. I can hear my mother's laugh rising and falling. I try to get up so I can help Daisy but it's too late. I see a blurry mother yank Daisy up from where she was sitting and tells her something. Then throws my phone at the wall, breaking it in two, then picks up Daisy and holds her tightly. She then makes a quick escape through the window. I can't stop her, my head is screaming with pain, my body feels like it's made of jello, I can't stop her. I can't stop her from taking Daisy away from me. It was supposed to be just the two of us.......