Chapter Eight, Dawn's POV,

Chapter Eight, Is This Love,

When I walk into her hospital room I can instantly see where she had been shot. Her right arm has a huge amount of bandages around it. She sleeps peacefully, her long hair has been tied into a ponytail, and she breaths slowly, evenly, calmly out of her mouth. I sit down in a chair next to her and stare at her. Why does this hurt my heart so much to see her in pain? Why does it feel like she is a huge part of my life now? I why do I feel like I....... no that can't be the right word. Or could it? I look at her nimble hands which are clenched in fists at her side. I still can't believe her mother did this to her, she'll have to live in an orphanage for four years until she can legally move out! A nurse then comes into the room with an IV rack. While she sticks the IV her arm carefully, I watch her. When the needle penetrates her skin Zyra doesn't wince which is weird. The nurse noticed as well and went to check her vitals plus her heart rate. Zyra's fingers start to open like at gateway to another universe. I shouldn't hold her hand right now, she's probably comatose, but I want to. I want to hold her hand and kiss her beautiful lips. Wait.......what? Did I just think that? Did I just think about how beautiful her lips are? I think I did. What does this mean? Does it mean I am attracted to girls, not boys, like I am supposed to be? I look at Zyra's arm and just want her to feel better. The least I can do is hold her hand while she's asleep, it might help ease the pain somehow. Somehow deep in my brain, I know that is a fake excuse to hold her hand but I do it anyway. It feels the same way it did last time but better. Her left hand is still soft and smooth, it feels better than last time I held her hand. I feel as If I am walking on cloud nine and she is up there with me. I see Zyra smile in her sleep, I wonder what she is dreaming about. Then my eyes see her lips and my brain tells me to look away but I can't. Her lips are the most beautiful shade of natural soft pink I have ever seen. I force my head to look somewhere other than her lips, my eyes land on our intertwined hands. Why does it feel so good to be around her? A word pops into my head for why I feel so happy around her, I just don't think it fits the situation right now. I just don't know if I really am what I think I am. Could I be a lesbian? Am I really in love with her? Only time can answer these questions for me.