Chapter Sixteen, Zyra's POV,

I follow Mrs. Anderson down a long hallway of doors with their own plaque's and numbers. Then we get to a winding stairway which leads upward. She starts to climb it and I follow her in silence. When we get to the second level, there's a girl coming out of her room, and she looks like a goddess. Her silky straight blonde hair cascades down her shoulders and bounces when she walks. She is wearing a sundress and high heels, but not only do I look at that, I look at her wrists. There covered in scars and bruises. Maybe she had a father like me. Mrs. Anderson ignores the girl and keeps walking down the hallway towards the end of the hall. I wave at the girl and she waves back. She is smiling and it's so genuine, I might faint. I follow Mrs. Anderson to the end of the hall where I see a plaque with my name on it and the number twenty next to it.

"This is your room, now go on in! I will be up in two hours to get you and show you where the dining hall is!" She says and walks away.

I am left in front of my door. I grab the chrome knob and open it. It's a small room and the color theme definitely is purple. I see a dresser, a bed with pillows and sheets, a closet, and even a carpet the same color as the walls. On my bed, I can see my own blanket strewn in a light purple one. There is a window overlooking the playground right next to my bed and I can see lots of people playing games outside, or just sitting and talking. Then I notice something odd, along with my books from the apartment, there are a couple new ones. Maybe they got me some new books because they knew I liked them? I have no idea. I look in my dresser drawers and see clothing that isn't mine as well as my own. They must have really helped me out to get so much clothing. I can't believe this room is mine, mine. It's not as small as my closet, it's way bigger, and it's all mine! I lay down on the bed and close my eyes. Everything is going to get better, I just know it.