Chapter Twenty-One, Dawn's POV,

Chapter Twenty-One, I am Hearing Things,

I am comatose, locked in a state of perpetual sleep. I hear doctors talking about me and Zyra often. They all frighten me. I wish I didn't go crazy last night, my headaches, and I can't move at all. Here are some of the frightening things I have heard these doctors saying.

"Yeah Dawn was trying to run away, she has extreme PSTD, her mind was trying to run away from her thoughts"

"When they went to the house were Zyra's phone was located, she wasn't there, all that was that there was a military sign in front of the house making the house to be property of the government, The child protective services are working with the police to find her, they think the government took her to run tests on her"

"I can't believe Dawn is still alive, we still have no idea how she broke both of her legs, and three of her bones in her rib cage"

"We have so many questions for her, all she has to do is wake up"

"I can't believe the government took Zyra! The services found proof she was taken by them, now they just have to find out where and why"

All of these sentences are what I hear as I slip in and out of consciousness. I worried for Zyra and her being taken by the government. I am worried for myself, what is PSTD? Why am I in a coma? Is this like the time where Zyra wouldn't wake up because of her head not being able to decide? What is happening to me? I can't open my eyes, nor move my body, but I can think. I can think about a life I will probably never see. I can think about Zyra and our relationship that's ended. I can just lay here and think, dream, wail. Being stuck inside of my brain sucks. I can't do anything, can't move a muscle. I hate it and my rage builds up inside of me. I feel as if I could wake up but I see a bright light instead. My mind wants to stay on the shore, not start to float towards the light. I start to float towards the light but it's painful. It feels as if thousands of pins and needles are being poked into my skin all at once, over and over again. Then I feel something pulling me back to the shore. It's probably a medicine of some kind. One that will hopefully stabilize my brain. My feet are almost on the shore but my body stops there. There is a war in my brain between the light and the shore. I want to live, not float towards the light! I have so much to live for! So much! I have a career to start, songs to write, shows to play! I need to live. My limbs feel stretched out, one-half pulling towards the light, the other half pulling towards the shore. Pins and needle prick my skin once again. In, out, in, out, in, out, their painful wounds inflict. Then a strong current blows and pulls me back onto the shore. It's a woman entirely made out of medicines of every color, she is the current. She smiles at me and I smile at her. She gives me hope that I will live another day. Hopefully, I will.