Chapter Sixteen, Zyra's POV,

When I woke up, I realized Dawn is next to me. She is gripping my hand tight, she's asleep as well. I must've fallen asleep here with her. Her beautiful blue streaks in her hair look faded and I can see more of her lovely brown hair. I hear others awake, most of them talking about how they are so excited to go back home. I have no home to go to, other then the orphanage they will put me in. They told me all about the orphanage yesterday before everyone came. They said it is a nice place where everyone had their own room and everyone could bring their own items. The services told me that many other kids love this orphanage and that everyone their respects each other. I just hope they can learn to respect me and Dawn's relationship. I hate how we have to go back to school and finish the year. Dawn will probably have lots of schoolwork to do while I don't have as much as her. I heard that a girl named Jori, who is on the news along with her boyfriend a lot, goes to this orphanage and it's where she got kidnapped. I don't think it's the safest place to be but the services assure me that they have much more safety precautions now. Most of the kids there are one to two years older than me, along with some that are no older than nine. Dawn wakes up and sees my worried face. She rubs her thumb along the inside of my palm to sooth me. The noise of the others has grown louder since more people have woken up, but I can hear Dawn's voice fine. She sits up next to me and looks me in the eyes.

"You're nervous about our new orphanage let me guess?" She says and looks at the tween/teens talking and shouting.

"Yep, I just hope that no one will judge our relationship there, plus I looked it up and no one has been adopted from there in twenty years!" I say exasperated and lay back down.

Dawn faces towards me and puts her face inches away from mine. She smirks and kisses me on the nose.

"And what kind of relationship do we have?" She says with her face still inches away from mine.

I smile up at her and her beautiful icy blue eyes. Man, even if we have horrible lives, she can change the worst day into the best one.

"I don't know, what kind of relationship do you think we have?" I say while I am still smiling at her.

Then the door opens and Dawn gets out of my face and looks to see who it is. It's Mark, and he's wearing a suit and tie. He looks very formal with his hair all did. Dawn rolls her eyes but then looks up at him. Everyone goes silent and sits on their beds as if none of them have ever screamed in their lives. Mark smiles at everyone then nods his head.

"Okay everyone, we'll have breakfast in the hall like yesterday, you're parents will be coming to pick you up shortly, now come on everyone! Breakfast!" He says and opens the doors wide.

Just like yesterday night, they put a huge table out in the living room, put a bunch of seats around it, and put a bunch of food in the middle. Everyone runs their fastest towards the tables to try to get something to eat. I run quickly over to it, grab four pancakes, some butter, strawberries, and a banana. Everyone is crowded around me reaching for some food so I push my way out and go to sit down on a couch. Dawn is trying to get around the hundreds of people crowding the table but fails. She then turns around and sees me sitting by myself on the blue couch. She then walks over and plops down next to me.

"Can I have some of yours? Those monsters of rainbows won't let me have any" She says and then laughs.

I grin at her and hold out the plate towards her. She takes a strawberry and pops it into her mouth, top and all. I laugh and take one of the pancakes from the plate, put butter in the middle, then fold it up like a sandwich, and I take a bite. We both laugh about this and I think that if every day was us doing little silly things like this, I would have a happy life.