Chapter Twenty-Two, Dawn's POV,

Chapter Twenty-Two, When I Wake Up,

When I finally do wake up, the doctors want to make sure I remember everything. They think I have had brain damage or something because I am not talking, it's just a lot to take in. There a three female doctors bending over me and telling me stuff I heard them saying earlier about Zyra and myself. I look at my vitals machine, and then to the doctor's faces.

"The services saved her right?" I ask the doctors.

They stop their chatter immediately and frown at me.

"That's confidential, all we know is that the government took her because they found her in the house, they did some weird stuff to her, and that they sent rescue teams in to get her out," One of the doctors says and feels my forehead.

"So she might be alright, you just have to hope, now let's talk about you," Another one of the female doctors says to me, "You broke both your legs and three of your ribs, now tell us how it happened"

They all look at me with curiosity except for the doctor who hasn't spoken yet, she walks out of the room. I am so stupid, I wanted to say, my body just took off running and climbed a tree while trying to get an apple. I didn't say that, I told them everything. They nodded their heads and told me that Thea, (That woman who told me Zyra was missing), got me medication to help me with my PSTD. Whatever that means. I just want Zyra to be okay, I don't even care if I get better, I want her to live. Zyra was the first person I have ever kissed, probably my last as well. If she was here, I wouldn't feel as if my skull was on fire and feel numb in my legs, all I would feel is her. I can't stop thinking about her. I drown the doctors out and just think, and think, and think. Then I realize that I will need a wheelchair if my legs are broken. That means it will be harder to drum on my drum kit, I'll be too high off the ground to reach the bass drum or the snare drum. Thinking about my drumming then brings me back to thinking about Zyra. I wish I could hold her in my arms and stroke her hair. I wish I could tell her everything will be alright even when it won't be. I wish I could kiss her again and hug her too. I wish I could see her beautiful face again. I wish to see her. That's if she is even still alive! Who knows what the government did to her!?! Even if they turned her half cyborg, I would love her. Maybe they did........... or maybe they tested her with a rare disease or something. Maybe they found out that genetic mutation has made smallpox purple because of her! Maybe they used her as bait for some crazy alien species to come and eat her or as parts of a real life Frankenstein. Maybe they made her bomb somewhere or invade enemy territory. These strange thoughts of what the government did to her fill my head. Tears begin to slide down my cheeks. I miss her so much, not even words can describe what I feel for her. Suddenly, I hear a ping! That's the chime to alert me when someone texts me on my phone. I look over to the bedside table and grab my phone quickly. The doctors leave the room and tell me they will be back soon with food and medicine. I unlock my phone and go to texts. I gasp when I see who it is.