PART TWO, Dawn's POV,

Chapter One, Three Days Later,

Sarah and I are sitting on my bed together with my laptop. We are laughing and having so much fun listening to music and editing our own music. I realize that these three days have been the best three days of my life. I got to write music, learn how to write music for guitar, and sing the correct notes of our song. For the past three days, I and Sarah have been working on my song day and night. I know what you're thinking, that I am not spending time with Zyra anymore. No, we still hang out, she comes in once in a while to listen to us play or tell us it's time for lunch. But mostly it's been just me and Sarah. I wouldn't let Zyra listen to the lyrics because I wanted to surprise her with my song to her. Sarah is amazing when it comes to getting music to sound perfect, she also always knows how to make it better as well. She doesn't make me feel like the way I feel about Zyra but I feel something towards her. I get off my bed and grab my drumsticks off the stand. Then I start the beat of the song on the hi-hat and then take it over to the bass drum. Sarah starts to play her guitar and I smile. We could start a band like this, one where we could write songs together and play them for people. It would be fun. Then together, we start to sing the opening lines of the song. "I saved your life and you saved mine but now we a running out of time..." We sing loudly. I like times like this, where we just play and forget about how awful our lives once were. I love the music to take me away to the point where I am so focused on the piece, I can't think of anything other than it. The loud sounds of our instruments ring in my ears as we finish the song. Then I hear a knock on the door, a loud one. Sarah looks at me with a questioning face as she gets off the bed and opens the door. I see a woman in a suit at the door looking very official. Behind her are two policemen with broad shoulders and tight stance. She smiles at us but I can see she is worried. "Hello, my name is Thea and I am a worker from the child protection services, we got a call that you're best friend, Zyra, has been missing for over twenty-four hours, do you have any idea where she could be?" The woman named Thea asks me politely.Zyra has been missing? What? I mean, I haven't seen her all morning and yesterday afternoon but she can't be gone. She can't be! But it must be true because this woman from the services is here to see her. I shake my head no and look up at the woman with concern. Sarah just stares at the woman as if she is an alien. "What do you mean she is missing?" I ask her tentatively. I can tell the woman wants to roll her eyes but she is too polite to do it. She takes a step forward into my blue room, still smiling her creepy smile. "Mrs. Anderson, the dean here, called to me because Zyra has been missing for more than twenty-four hours, she last saw her out at the playground after lunch, but nowhere since, we want you to help us find her, now tell us everything you know about her," She says promptly. I stare at her with uncertainty. Should I help her find Zyra? Should I tell her all I know? I mean this could be a trap for all I know! People have been kidnapped right outside of the orphanage many times, maybe she got kidnapped. Then I decide to follow my best instincts and tell them everything I know because I want to help find her. "Well, I haven't seen her scene lunch yesterday, Zyra usually carries her phone with her so maybe you could check find out where she is through their" I say but Thea cuts me off. "Perfect, what's her number? My policemen back here will put it on their Ipads and we can find her location, of we can't it means she was kidnapped because kidnappers are smart and do that kind of stuff" She says quickly.

I stare at her in disbelief. How could they think it's anything other than a kidnapping? She wouldn't just run away, I know she wouldn't. Or would she? I take a deep breath and then take out my phone from my pocket. I go to contacts and press Zyra's name. All her information shows up and I hand it to Thea. She quickly turns around and starts to talk to the policemen there. I look at Sarah who is still staring at the woman. I can't believe that Zyra is missing, she isn't the kind of person who would run away or the target for a kidnapping. I am hoping that she was kidnapped and didn't run away by herself because that would hurt more then her being kidnapped. Then I realize how selfish a thought that is and chastise my brain for it. Whatever happened to her, I will find her, and I will bring her home. I know that she could be dead already, murdered by the pier, suffocated at sea, burned in an abandoned building but I hold on to my hope. I hold onto my hope because hope can go a long way.