Chapter Twenty-Three, Dawn's POV,

Chapter Twenty-Three, See her Again,

My mother has texted me. Rage and hatred want to unleash itself and throw something, but I tried to stay calm and read the text. Hey, Dawn, please don't be mad at us for disowning you. Well, obviously I am! I just wanted you to know that the services have been telling me about what's been happening to you and I feel guilty. I know you may never forgive me but we had to disown you. We had to because of our newest addition to the family, our new baby named Tim. I stare at the text in disbelief. My parents disowned me so they could have another child?!? That just proves how much of a caring family I had. One single tear slips down my cheek and I put my phone back on the bedside table. I distract myself with thinking about Zyra. Her long silky hair, her melted chocolate eyes, her smooth gentle hands, her amazing lips. I have to see her again, I have to. I might die here from some accident with surgery or something, so the last thing I want to see is her. Then one of my doctors burst into my room and smiles at me.

"She's alive and she's in room A200! I know you really want to see her, so I got special permission for her to come here in a couple of minutes!" She says excitedly.

I smile. Finally, after all, these days I will get to see Zyra again. I won't be able to get off my bed because of my broken legs, but at least I can see her. The doctor then goes about checking my vitals. I stare and the door and wait to see her beautiful face. Imagine thousands of scenarios of her coming in, in my head. Then I see her face in the hallway followed by a bodyguard looking person and a nurse. She opens the door and limps into the room. Her face lights up when she sees me. She limps quickly over to me and gives me a huge hug. Warmth spreads over me as soon as she touches me. It fills me with relief and gratitude. I try my best to told back my tears but soon they spill over and on to her back. She starts to cry as well and we hold each other tightly. It's so good to see her, to feel her, to smell her, to hear her, but now I want to taste her. I want to kiss her again. Even though I am broken, emotionally and physically, and she is too, I want to kiss her.

"Everyone out, let them be alone" I hear her bodyguard say, I hear her push the nurses out of the room.

Then Zyra pulls away, tears still in her eyes. She is grinning a goofy grin and her face is red. I sigh, we both probably look the same way. I wipe my tears off my face as she wipes hers off as well. She starts to lose her footing and falls to the ground. Instantly she climbs up onto a chair, telling me that she's alright. The chair is adjacent to my bed, she is so close to me I can hear her breathing. We are both grinning as I take her delicate hand and hold it tightly. I look at her beautiful features, her hairs, eyes, lips, and I can't think of any other person I would want to be with but her. I can't believe I almost ignored her for three days at the orphanage. I am so stupid! I have to make it up to her somehow. We are staring at each other now, trying to take in each other's features one by one, so we can never forget them.

"I am sorry for ignoring you, I had no idea what to expect when you ran away, and Zyra," I say and squeeze her hand tightly, "I don't know what I would do without you"

She looks away from me and then speaks, "Yes, but if you never met me we wouldn't be in this situation, you wouldn't be hurt and scared and neither would I! I would just be stuck with my father......."

I take her chin and turn her face towards mine. I kiss her softly at first to get her to stop talking but then she kisses me. I feel like I am on fire, in a good way, and I feel like I want this to last forever. I want to get a sense of exhilaration and elatedness every day, I want to always be there for her. I want to make sure that she is always there for me to come back too because if she isn't, I don't know what I would do with myself.