Chapter Twenty-Seven, Dawn's POV,

Chapter Twenty-Seven, My Choices,

I stare out the window of the plane. Ora got us first class seats and when I asked her how she has so much money she told me about her rich father. Her father was a billionaire and let her go into whatever career she wanted too, so she chose to be an agent for children who are amazing a playing an instrument. First class was amazing, they served us tea and I didn't have to sit next to anyone, the seats were very comfortable, and I got a cup of hot cocoa to drink! Ora talked to me about the college-like place that I will be staying at for a couple of days while I find members for my band. She told me she knows everyone there, and all of them are willing to start a band with me. According to her, there are three hallways to the dorm rooms I will stay in, the brass hallway, the woodwind hallway, and the percussion hallway. I was going to be the first girl in the percussion hallway since the early twentieth century. I was worried that the people wouldn't like me at the place or that everyone would be jealous of me but that was far from right. Everyone at this place has an equal amount of talent! Three are five doorways to every hall and when we get there, Ora says she is going to get everyone to come out and say hi to me in the general meeting room. The meeting room is a wide area with a grand piano in the corner and fancy soft white couches surrounding it. I sit down in one and think of how lucky I am to have this experience. Out of anyone in any state or any country, she picked me. Me, of all the people she could choose from. I look around and see three hallways with signs marking each one of them. The brass sign has a trumpet on it, the percussion hallway has a drum kit on its sign, and the woodwind sign has a picture of a flute and some other instrument I can't name. Ora comes walking out of the brass hallway with two guys and three girls behind her. They are all smiling at me and I grin.

"Dawn, these are the people from brass hallway, you can choose one brass player to join the band, we can come up a name and everything for the band later, right now you need to choose your people, I will go get the woodwinds while you guys talk and you can see who you want" She says and goes off walking down the woodwind hallway.

The people are still grinning at me as they walk over to the couches. One of the guys with dark skin and a fedora starts the conversation.

"I know you are thinking that it's unfair you have to choose, but to be honest, we are all fine with your decision, like last time we are all going to go say our names and instruments, I'll start" He says boldly and slumps back onto the couch, "My name is Blake and I play trumpet"

A girl with jet black hair and piercings sits down next to me and smirks, "My name is Violet, I am amazing, and I play the saxophone"

Another guy with red hair and freckles dotting his face then speaks up as he sits on a chair adjacent to mine, "My name is Noah and I play trombone"

Another girl sits next to Noah, she has fiery red hair and looks like she belongs in a mosh pit, not the brass pit, "I play guitar and my name is Callie" She says and leans back slightly against the couch.

I can't believe I have to pick between all of these people. They all must sound amazing while playing and I must only pick one to be in my band. This is one of the hardest decisions of my life. There is one last girl who sits down next to Blake with very pale skin and blonde hair. She doesn't say anything and just smiles at me. Blake points at her and then begins to speak.

"She is a newbie here, she is just as good as the rest of us and she plays the french horn, her name Elle, she doesn't talk much and is shy, but if you pick her, she will make a nice addition to your group," He says.

I have no idea who to pick. I need to pick an instrument that sounds the best in a band. I try to envision what kind of instrument I need for a good sounding band. I decide that a guitar would really fit the tone of the songs I wrote, I mean I do know how to write music for it anyway. They all stare at me with anticipation in my eyes. I forget all about Zyra and what has happened in my past and focus solely on my band. I look Callie in the eyes and smile wider.

"Callie, I think you would be a great addition to my band, I feel like my songs could use some guitar, plus I know how to write music for it," I say to her and she squealed with delight.

The others still smile at me and stand up. They all start to walk away and towards the brass hallway. Callie's grin is wide and shows her pearly wide teeth. She moves onto the couch next to me and before I can say anything, I see the woodwinds walking towards us. All of them look like delicate flowers, even the boys, and they don't grin, but they look like they should be.

"By the way, I know the guitar is a part of the strings family and you picked me from brass, I also do bass if you need it" Callie whispers into my ear and I nod my head.

"My name is Morgan and I play the flute, by the way, just like brass, you can only pick one of us" A girl wearing all pink, even having pink hair, says and sits down daintily on the couch.

A boy with curled blonde hair sits across from her and grins at me, "I play the fabulous oboe and my name is Simon"

Another boy sits next to him and he is wearing about twenty bracelets on each arm plus a bunch of weird stuff in his overgrown hair, "My name is Creed and I play the piccolo"

"I play the wonderful, amazing, tantalizing, clarinet!" Another girl wearing all light blue, even blue hair, says and sits next to Morgan.

The last boy comes in sits down across from me, he is wearing all black, looking like he should join the black parade or something, "I am the wonderful Miles and I play the bassoon"

I have heard the wonderful sound of a bassoon when played correctly it sounds beautiful. This group stares at me with anticipation like the last one did. I do what I did last time and I try to decide what would sound best together. I think the bassoon would sound the best because all of the other instruments are too high pitched. I feel like an adult deciding all of these things and figuring my band out. It's crazy I am here in the first place.

"Miles, I think you would sound best fit with what I think I have planned for this band," I say and here Morgan snort, stand up, and walk out quickly.

The rest of the group files out except for Miles and we all sit around and wait for percussion. Miles is smiling wide and gratitude fills his face.

"Thank you," He says with his voice shaking, "It really means a lot...."

Then I hear yelling and what sounds like a herd of elephants running down the hallway, it must be the percussionist. I know what I want from them, I don't want anyone from the drum kit because that's my thing, but I want someone on piano and maybe someone on an auxiliary percussion instrument. I watch them run into the room. All five of the boys are smiling widely but each one of them has something unique about them. They run over to be and begin introducing themselves right away.

"My name is Gavin, I play the snare drum, just, by the way, Ora said you can pick one to two of us" A dude with pale skin that is dotted with black freckles says and sits down across from me.

A guy in all ripped jeans and a band T-shirt sits down next to him and looks me straight in the eyes, "My name is James and I play the goc block, don't get me wrong, you probably know what that is but it's super important,..." He starts to rant.

Another dude with blue hair like mine, a white/light blue flannel shirt, and black leggings sits down on the couch adjacent from me and cuts him off, "Sorry about him, I play piano, my name's Connor"

Then a guy sits down next to Connor, he looks like he should be in the flute section because of how graceful and pretty he looks, "My name's Van, I play Timpani"

"I play auxiliary, the names Chase," Another one of the guys says, this guy looks like he is a model, perfect hair, amazing body structure, gorgeous eyes, the list could go on forever.

I already know who I am picking. Chase and Connor, not only because of their good looks but because they play the two instruments I wanted for this band. My smile is so big it might break my face right now.

"Okay, Connor and Chase, I choose you guys because I feel like your instruments would be perfect for the band," I say.

Finally, I have picked all my people, now the hard part. Making a name for our band, picking out music we all like, showing them my songs, getting to know them, playing gigs with them, it's going to be a lot of work. After all these years, my minds up to the task.