Chapter Four, Dawn's POV,

I am in my poor excuse for a room when I hear an ear splitting scream. It sounds like it's coming from the third floor of the building. My brother who is playing on with cars looks up at me.

"Don't, you remember the last time you tried to help someone right?" He says to me but I don't hear him.

I am already out the door of our apartment and am racing down the hallway towards the stairs. I hear more noises than just screams, I hear shouts of anger and stuff being thrown. I can't help but want to help whomever is in trouble. I take the steps two at a time, the other people hear ignore the noise but it's loud in my ears. It's a female's voice, I can tell. My adrenaline is running, I can feel it in my bones. Soon I am up to the third floor. By now I am sweating and my family is probably trying to get me not go in there but I don't care. I want to save lives, I really do, they don't understand that. I get into the third-floor hallway where the sound is deafening to my ears. There are three doors but I instantly know which one to do through, the one with all the noise. I throw open the door and see a horrible sight. Not only is their stains on every single thing here, there's now blood too. There's a father in an angry rage shouting at his daughter while she bleeds out on the floor. I have to help her. Only then do I realize it's Zyra, that makes me want to save her even more. The father is holding a chair over her daughter's head, but before he could do anything I come to the rescue.

"Stop!" I yell and reveal myself from where I was hiding behind a couch.

I run over to the father and take the chair from his hands. I am strong because of how many percussion instruments I have to carry whenever I want to play, so I easily knock down the drunk father to the floor and release the chair onto his face. He cries out in pain. Serves him right for hurting Zyra. The stench of blood and liquor makes me want to barf, but I quickly run over to Zyra's rescue. She's on the floor, blood is splattered everywhere, it's coming from a wound in her head. With my quick thinking, I pull off my shirt and attend to the wound. My mother's a doctor, so I can do this pretty well. I just need to make it so she stops bleeding. I wrap my shirt around the wound and apply light pressure to it. I check her pulse, she's still breathing. I grab her arms and try to get her to stand up, but it's painful for both of us. I lay Zyra back on the floor and look over at her dad. His head is bleeding like his daughters and he passed out. Perfect. Zyra is groaning and moaning in pain. I have to call her ambulance so I check around for a wall phone. I find one in the kitchen and quickly call 911. They hear my plea and say they will come soon. Adrenaline rushes through my bones. I may have just saved her life. I run back to Zyra and keep tending to her wounds, trying to calm her down as well because she is freaking out. I try to calm her down and when I do, I hear police and ambulance workers rushing up the stairs. I look at her and her blood-stained outfit, she's crying which adds to the mess. I reach for her hand and she lets me take it.

"Sh.....sh, you're okay, you'll be alright Zyra, I'll get you to the hospital, after that um, where do you want to go?" I ask her gently to calm her down.

Having someone talking to you gently helps you calm, I know that is true, my mom would always talk gently to patients at hospitals, people then seemed to calm down.

"Anywhere" She mumbles, "Anywhere but here"