Chapter 8

"What do you mean by 'she wants me to continue my studies there and you agreed', Mom?" My mind can't process every little thing. EXO just took my sanity away and this news? This news almost gave me a heart attack. (EXO's song, Heart Attack played in my head)

Argh!! Stop kidding around, Crushelle. I'm sure that my mom is kidding. She doesn't like the thought of me liking Kpop, right? So, it's really impossible.

"She wants you to go in South Korea and finish your studies there. I agreed because I can see that it's inspiring you to study harder, and I think you'll study harder than you did because you're there." She smiled. "It's my birthday gift to you."

W-What?

I can't process every thing she just said. "What about Dad? Does he know anything about this?"

"Yes. And he thinks it's the best for you too."

"Oh my gosh." I muttered. I walked to her and hugged her. "Thank you, Mom. Thank you. You made me the happiest daughter alive." I said crying while hugging her. She just hugged me back and stroked her hand in my back, making me calm.

"Sshh." She hushed.

We stayed like that for a few minutes until I stopped crying.

"We will work on your papers so you can go there as soon as possible."

"Mommy." Tears are about to fall again, but I controlled myself not to cry again. "I can't explain into words how happy I am."

Best gift. Just best gift ever. Best night. Best parents. Best life.

"Just promise me one thing, Crushelle." She said.

"What is it Mom?" I asked her.

"Enjoy your life there and study hard, okay?"

"I will, Mom. I will. I'll make sure of that." I want them to see that it'll be worth it. Everything will be worth it.

"Now, go upstairs and chat with your Aunt Anne. I'm sure she's online right now, talk to her about it."

I hugged her again and muttered 'I love you'. I went to my room and logged in my Skype account. I saw Aunt Anne online, I called her and she answered it right away. I think she knows that I'm going to call. "Annyeong haseyo Auntie!" I greeted.

She's just 29 years old. That's why we're close and she's the youngest sibling of Mom, by the way.

[Crushelle!!!]

"Auntie! You look so good."

[Aww. I know right? Hahaha. Anyway, I saw your grades! And I'm really proud of you!]

"Thank you, Auntie."

[Have you heard about your prize?]

"Yes, Auntie. Thank you so much. I was surprised earlier, I still can't sink everything in." I chuckled for a while.

[You deserve it, Crush. About that, please tell your Mom that your papers are already on process. Even your Visa. I think you can fly your way here next month.]

"Really, Auntie? I can't wait to go there."

[Well, fix everything while you're still there, okay? I want everything to be settled before you go here. Tell Maxie right away. Goodbye. I still have work tomorrow.]

Oh my.

"Goodbye Auntie. I miss you."

[I miss you too. We'll meet soon. Very soooooon.] Then the video call went off.

What am I going to do? Maxie will be mad, that's for sure.

Maxie, please don't hate me.

I'll call her. No, I'm going to call her right now. I took my phone out of the drawer. Ugh. I saw Tao's selca again. Handsome as ever. Omo.

Sexy Huang Zi Tao .

I dialed Maxie's number. Omo. I hope she won't get mad. I hope she'll understand.

*Riiiing! Riiiing! Riii--*

[Hey, Crush!]

"M-Maxie."

[What's with the stutter thing? Haha.]

Just say it, Crushelle! Come on! Time is running! "I'm flying to South Korea next month."

She stopped laughing. Omo. [How long is your vacation there?] She sounded so serious.

"I'm staying there until I finish my studies." Silence covered us. "Please don't get mad."

[You said that we'll graduate together!]

She's mad. This is what I don't to happen. "Can't you just be happy for me, Maxie?"

I do want to cry right now. This will be the biggest fight we'll have as best friends.

[How can I be happy, Crushelle?! Tell me ,how?]

"I thought you'll be happy as long as I am?"

[You didn't think of me in this decision and you want me to be happy? What the hell?]

The line went dead.

That's what I forgot. Maxie and I promised each other that we'll graduate together. I tried to sleep but I just can't. No matter which way I roll. No matter how many times I change my position. It's still not working.

I looked at the clock beside my bed. It says 3:28 am. Ugh. I'm still awake. Wide-eyed. Just like D.O.

My phone rang.

(Now Playing: Growl- EXO)

Na hoksi molla gyoengo hanunde,

jiguem wihom--

I saw Tao's name. Oh my gosh! He's calling me! I answered it.

[Hey.]

That sexy voice of him, "Oppa."

[You're still awake?]

Omo. He's concerned, "Ne."

[Why?]

"I just can't sleep."

[We just landed in Incheon.]

"How's your flight, Oppa?"

[It was fine. I just called to tell you that we landed safely.]

He's so sweeeet. Oppa! I told you not to make me fall! "You must be tired, Oppa."

[Ne. I'm going to end the call already. Go to sleep, okay?]

"Ne, Oppa. Rest, okay?"

[Haha. I will. Goodnight.]

"Goodnight." He muttered 'bye' before ending the call. My mind went clear after hearing his voice.

I don't know what happened, but after that call I fell in a deep and wonderful slumber. Tao. Saranghae.

---
Comments, positive or negative, and votes will be gladly appreciated.

Kamsahamnida Chingus! Saranghae!

XOXO,

@thanks4dbrokenheart