Chapter 12

Rachels P.O.V.
I jump into the pool to save my little girl. I jumped really hard I guess, because it pushed her against the wall.
"Baby girl, stay with me." I say while drying her off. I'm soaking but I can't leave her alone.
"Matt?" I say, my voice cracking, "can you go get me another outfit? And her one also?"
He nods and rushes to get the clothes.
Baileys sobbing and I don't know why. I don't want to be in her business so I'm not gonna bother her.

Why is Matt taking so long I asked for two outfits not two months worth of clothes.

Baileys P.O.V.
I've never seen Aunt Rachel this upset, and it's all my fault. I should have asked if it was okay for us to go swimming. Now I will never be allowed to babysit Lilly. Or even my siblings!
Aunt Rachel must be so mad. She looks at me every few minutes and then looks away. I want to say something to her but mom said not to. I need to let her calm down.

Back to Rachels P.O.V.
Finally Matt comes back, with two outfits and a duffle.
"I packed an over night bag just to be safe." He says, handing me the clothes. I hand him Lilly and turn around. I don't care if everybody is watching me. I am not going inside with my baby out here. And I won't bring my baby inside in case the ambulance gets here. I quickly change turn back around. I take Lilly and start to change her. Matt got her the cutest outfit. A shirt with a unicorn, sweats, converse and a bow. Finally I hear some sirens. I jump up and rush over to the driveway. The people come out with a gurney stretcher. "Two adults can come in the ambulance, and you can fit a third if you would like to squeeze. Or two children and two adults." The girl says, while asking Matt questions about her.
Who should come in the ambulance? Just us? Us and two of Jess and Christopher's kids? Us and another adult? I decide that Colleen, my sister will come in with us. We all cram in to the ambulance and they start doing the tests and stuff.
"We will meet you there!" My mom yells as they close the door.
I look at Lilly. She looks so fragile, why her. Why not me. I take ahold of her limp hand and close my eyes.
I want to cry, but I can't. I have to be strong. For Lilly, for everybody. And I will do everything to make sure she's okay.