Chapter 38

It's now Christmas Eve and I'm so excited for tomorrow! I'm getting a present tonight also, my mom said. I'm currently in the dance room, and auntie colleen is watching me practice my routine. Ryan is helping my dad make breakfast.
"Can you help me get out the mat?" I ask.
She nods, and we walk to the corner. I set the mat up in the center and she looks me straight in the eye.
"Do you want an early present?"
"Um, sure. Why not?"
She goes out of the room and comes back in with a big box.
"Rachel get in here!"
My mom comes walking down the stairs. She's been a lot slower lately and has often been getting sick, ever since Disney.
"Your daughter is about to open a present!" I say, pointing to myself. She chuckles, "can I now or?" I question. They tell me I'm allowed to and I neatly open it. I realize what it is, and say thank you.

it's a smarter spotter, and it helps you do backhand Springs and walkovers, along with front

"Can you spot me?" I beg. She finally gives in, and I explain what to do.
I simply do a handstand and wait to be flipped over. She does it and I fall on my butt, causing us all to laugh.
"Breakfast is ready!" Dad shouts.

The three of us run upstairs and begin taking food. I get eggs, fruit, and bacon. I sit down at the breakfast bar and begin eating.
"So what are we doing today?" I ask.

"Just hanging out, and then going to grandma and grandpas house tonight. Then, me, you, daddy, aunt colleen, and Ryan are going to have a sleepover here! Also, tomorrow everyone comes over and we exchange gifts!"

"Really?" Ryan and I say in unison.

"Really!" Mommy says.
We all finish eating, with the occasional vlogging and me asking to watch Spongebob.

•••

"Mom, what do I have to wear?" I ask, while looking through my closet.

"Here, let me find something." Aunt Colleen says, while pushing past mommy.
She finds me a pretty pink dress and pink shoes.
I grab a pair of dance shorts, and throw them on as I'm getting my hair done. As we are walking out of the room, mommy puts a pink necklace on me. We walk into the car, and the boys come out shortly.

I'm really tired, so I fall asleep while we drive

I wake up to the car door opening, we are in Santa Barbara! I get out of the car, and we walk to the door. Being the crazy person I am, I bang on the door until dad tells me it's enough. Grandma comes and opens the door, hugging us all. We go inside, and Bailey and everyone are already there.
"Kory!" I squeal, running up to him. He picks me up and we walk over to the couch.
As we are talking, momma says that everybody wants to see me do gymnastics. I don't wanna get hurt, so I go to do a cartwheel.
"Wait Lilly! Do it tomorrow." Mommy says.
"Why?"
"Because people will see your underwear now, tomorrow you'll have pajama pants on."
I show her I'm wearing dance shorts, and she allows me to do my gymnastics. I do a cartwheel, round off, and then a front walkover.
"There will be more at my house tomorrow!" I tell everybody.
•••
We say goodbye one last time, and walk to the car. I'm really tired, so I grab my blanket from under the seat, and drift off to sleep.