Chapter 40

We are currently in the car driving to dance. This is the first time back from the break, and I'm going to my competition this weekend! I'm going early, and ms Abby is going to help me choose my dance outfit.
After a few minutes, we pull up in front of the familiar dance studio. I open my door and we walk into the studio. We talk with Ms. Abby for a little and she choose my dance outfit. She also gives me a pair of dance shoes for "all my dances."

Everybody is here, so I'm sitting in ms

Everybody is here, so I'm sitting in ms. Abbys office.
"And when she says Lilly, you walk in." The producer says for the twentieth time. I nod and he walks away. The other girls go into the studio and I wait out by the door with my mom.

"This week, we have a guest. Please welcome Lilly and her mom Rachel!" I hear Ms.Abby say, so I walk in with mom behind me. As I'm told to do, I give Ms. Abby a hug and stand in between Maddie and Kenzie.
"Lilly, tell us about yourself." Ms. Abby says.
"Hi, I'm Lilly! I'm six years old and have a puppy. I love dance and I'm really excited to be here."
If you're wondering, Ms. Abby told me to say that.
Ms. Abby starts talking about assignments so I begin to pay attention.
"Brynn and Kalani, you have a duet. Maddie has a solo, and so does Lilly."
When the moms hear that, some of them get mad that I have a solo. The moms argue with Abby, and finally they are sent out.
"Ok Lilly, we are gonna work on your solo. Maddie and Mackenzie, take Lilly to studio C and wait there. Everyone else, go to ballet in studio A." Ms. Abby says.
We nod, and walk into studio C.
"So Lilly, did you practice?" Mackenzie questions me, ask soon as the doors closed.
"Yup!" I say, smiling.
We stretch and talk, while we wait for Ms. Abby to come in.
"Sorry I took so long, those mothers are driving me insane." Ms. Abby retorts, causing us all to laugh.

"OK Lilly are you stretched?" Miss Abby questions. I nod, and she tells me to show her the dance.

Within a half hour, we have my full routine done.
"Good job! So now you have a half hour to get to meet the moms." Ms. Abby says, as I finish the dance once again.
I grab some water before walking out to where the moms are.
I politely introduce myself and smile. Kira, I think her name is, spoke first. I'm pretty sure her daughter is Kalani. Both of them are really nice and Kira said that Kalani can babysit me if I want, so I hope she can.
I've now talked to all the moms except Ashlee. I'm most nervous to talk with her, I don't know why though.
"Hi, I'm Lilly." I say, very shy.
"Hi, I'm Ashlee. My daughters Brynn, and she is the blonde one. Don't steal her spot." She says, while going back onto her phone.
Kira was the only one that heard that and started getting really annoyed. Suddenly the other moms realized what was happening because my mom and Kira were screaming at Ashlee.
The big girls come out of the dance room, confused on what's going on.
"Girls, take Lilly into a different room." I'm pretty sure Holly says.
Before we are in the next room I hear Ashlee say something like I wasn't even a good dancer. Is that true? We walk into the room where we keep our bags and close the curtains. I could still hear the moms, which was scaring me and the occasional camera in my face wasn't that fun either. Suddenly I couldn't take it. I put my head on Kalani's shoulder and started crying. As soon as the girls noticed they tried to cheer me up.
"I'm sorry Lilly. My mom gets a little crazy sometimes." Brynn says, while wiping a tear off my cheek. Ms. Abby walks in and picks me up.
"Don't let those mothers get to you, they're just jealous." She whispers into my ear.
Suddenly Ashlee comes in, takes Brynns hand, grabs Brynns bag and they walk out. I hear the door slam shut and some whispering.
"Well then." I say, breaking the silence. We walk back to the moms and I get attacked with hugs.
"Lilly, I have a doctors appointment. I want you to start your school work, okay?" Mommy asks, while putting her stuff into her bag. I nod, give her a hug and she goes.
If you're wondering, I don't do homeschooling. We called the school and said I was going to be on vacation this week so I needed my work.
"Okay girls, back in the studio. Lilly, get your homework and come in with us." Gianna says, while Ms. Abby goes to talk with Kira. I nod and go back to the small room.