Chapter 41

I close my math book happy that I finished all my homework, and put it into my backpack. I get off the windowsill and stretch into my splits. Gianna comes over to me and we talk, and she reminds me that since it is Tuesday I have a hip hop class in an hour. The big girls are done and Abby's getting stressed out because she can't teach Kalani and Brynn the duet because Brynn isn't here. Gianna and Abby tell us to go on the tumble track so we do, watching them whisper as we walk out.

I'm working on standing back tucks, on the trampoline thing as Gianna walks in.
"Kalani and Lilly, come out here."
I look at Kalani, who looks as confused as I am.
"So, since Brynn isn't here and we have to start this duet Lilly will be doing it instead."
Kalani hugs me and I squeeze her, very hard.
"Go into studio A, I will be there quickly." Gianna says, as we begin to walk away.
Ms. Abbys in there already so she starts explaining the routine.
"Now it is lyrical, and it is a bit mature but I think Lilly can handle it." Ms Abby begins, "it's called There You'll Be and its about always being together. Now I know you girls just met but you need to spend a lot of time together this week, so get lunch or something, there needs to be a bond shown."
We nod and are shown our beginning spots.
"Shoulder roll onto your tippy toes and do a double."

"No, I don't like that."

"That's good!"

"Don't change that!" Are the things I keep hearing.
"Kalani, pick her up and have her do the shoulder thing you used to do with I forget her name." Ms Abby says.
I get picked up and am told to pretend I'm doing a back walkover to the ground.

"Ok good job girls, here's money. I want you to go get pizza or something from next door. Send Maddie in." Ms. Abby says, while handing Kalani money.
We walk out and send Maddie in before grabbing sweatshirts and shoes. Melissa texts my mom so she knows and we walk out.
"So is pizza good?" Kalani asks, while grabbing my hand.
"Sure. I don't care." I say, tiredly.
"How about this, we go quickly and maybe go to a candy store after." She says with a smile.
"Yes!" I say, and we walk quickly to the pizza place.

The waitress comes quickly and we order two sprites and a regular pie.
I tell Kalani how I'm getting a sibling which I'm upset about, how I'm adopted, that I have a puppy and more. She tells me about her brothers, that boys are the best but worst things, and her family.
Our food comes and we start to eat.
"Lilly, let's take a selfie!" She says while getting out her phone. We position the camera and I smile.

We walk out of the restaurant with time to go to the candy store. We walk and I get some candy along with a Japanese soda.
By the time we're back at the studio, Maddie's solo is done and I've missed my hip hop class but Ms. Abbys fine with it.
I go to grab my dance shoes when Ms. Abby stops me.
"Lilly, you seem tired. Go home now and I'll see you in the morning."
"Are you sure?"
"I'm positive."
"Ok!" I say and walk over to the moms so I can ask Kira to text my mom.
On the way over I spot auntie colleen talking with Gianna!
I run up to her and give her a big hug.
"Hey little mush!" She says while squeezing me, "mommy has a surprise. Let's go!" She says while picking me up.

I knock on the door and mommy opens it.
"Lilly! You're home early. Are you sick?" She questions.
I explain the story and she nods.
"Wanna find out if you're getting a brother or sister?" She asks while smiling. I nod and she says there is clothes for me on my bed to put on.
I go upstairs and take my red bow out and swap out my dance wear with a long pants romper.  My outfit is pink and blue , the colors for boy and girl!

I put my bow in and slip on some shoes as I'm walking down the stairs

I put my bow in and slip on some shoes as I'm walking down the stairs. Pretty much my whole family is here, both sides. I get Ryan and we walk to the backyard and go into the trampoline.
"So do you want a brother so sister?" He asks while jumping up, "oh yeah I should be quiet about this! Not everyone knows."
"Well I want a sister to play dollies with but I want a brother to draw with. It doesn't really matter! And yeah shush!" I say, while prepping for a front flip.
After some flipping mommy comes and gets us.
Everyone's sitting in folding chairs and there is a big cardboard box. Mommy and daddy are standing near it.
"Hi everybody, thanks for coming on such short notice! So, first of all some of you may be confused. Matt and I are expecting!" Mommy says and everyone claps.
"Lilly please come up here." Mommy says, so I walk up.
"Ok so Lilly do you want a brother or sister?" Dad asks.
"I would prefer a sister." I say while laughing.
"So you're on moms side? Thanks a lot." He says while tickling me.
"Anyways, Lilly would you like to do the honors?" Mom asks while pointing to the box.
I nod and use the scissors to cut the box open.

Out of the box, balloons start flying out. I'm the first to notice that there's two colors
"Mommy, I'm getting two siblings?!"
"What? No... Wait what yes!" She screams while picking me up. I laugh into her shoulder as she spins me around.

Eventually everybody leaves and it's just us at home.
"Lilly you should go to bed, you have dance early tomorrow." Mommy says. I nod and we start walking upstairs.