Chapter 53

Being sick is really boring. Luckily, I'm good to go to dance now. It's Thursday and we are going to the competition tomorrow night so I have about a day if I'm doing a solo. Mommy walks into my room and puts my hair into a ballet bun, and then hands me dance wear. I put on tights, a pink leotard, black booty shorts, and a pink bow in my hair. When I'm all ready, I go downstairs and eat my breakfast quickly. I then go back upstairs, brush my teeth, grab my bags, and head back downstairs. We get into the car and drive to the studio.

When I arrive I open the door and Gianna is there.
"Hi cutie! You feeling better?"
"Yeah!" I say as I go to put my bags away.
Like usual, I'm first. I head into studio A and I begin to stretch and do tricks, so I'm all warmed up. Soon after, Ms. Abby walks in and tells me I'm doing a solo.
"It's called Dainty but Dangerous, because you're very cute, but I've seen the vlogs, you're a bit crazy." I laugh at the end part, because I'm more than a bit crazy.
"The dance is acrobatic so you need to act like a contortionist, if that makes sense." I nod and she starts telling me what to do. We're about halfway done with the routine when the other minis arrive and walk in, watching me. They're sitting in the corner, stretching and whispering and I feel left out because I wanna be talking to them. But also, I'm here to dance not to have conversations.
Ms. Abby is pretty much ignoring the fact that the minis are here because I'm practically done with my routine and they haven't danced today. Yolanda walks in and I already know that there's going to be drama.
"Why aren't they practicing their group dance? Lilly has been practicing for over an hour and these girls aren't even doing anything."

"Minis, go in the other room and run your dance. I'm busy with Lilly right now." I already know that the other moms are going to come in so I go to the corner and just practice my leaps. The other minis walk out and their mothers walk in. I see my mom getting up but I look at her and pretend to fix my shoe, our signal to stop. The moms start yelling at Abby and saying curse words so I cover my ears because I'm not supposed to hear those words. Holly walks in, she's like really brave, takes me out of the room and tells me not to go back in until the fighting is done. I sit in between my mom and Melissa on the bleachers and they tell me that Elliana has a musical theatre solo, so I'm kind of nervous but I know I can win. We talk a little more and eventually the moms walk out and I am sent back in.
"I'm sorry about them Lilly. They're just jealous of you." Ms. Abby says, as I get back to where I was. We finish up the routine and I'm sent to a silks lesson.
~
The lesson was really fun, but I'm very stressed out for my solo tomorrow. Elliana has had way more time to rehearse than me and lyrical solo costumes are always gorgeous. I walk back into the den and start my schoolwork. I hear some screaming but don't think much of it and then the girls walk in. The elites are comforting them because they're all crying and I make a confused face.
"What's wrong?" I ask as Alexus sits next to me.
"A-abbys bringing in another girl to try and psych us out." Peyton says as she opens her water bottle.
"For the group?"
They all nod before Gianna comes and sends them back to class. A new girl walks in and says her name is Kendyl. I try to be nice and not punch her, so I tell her where to put her bag and that Abby is in a bad mood. She walks out and I go back to my work.
~
I'm really excited because right now I'm going to an acting lesson Ms. Abby set up here, and then my vocal private. I walk into the room, and Ms. Abby is already there talking with some dude. She gives me a look as if to say make a good impression so I politely introduce myself.
"Hi, my name is Lilly. How are you?" I ask as I shake the mans hand.
"My name is Caesar, I'm good thank you for asking."
"Ok before the other minis get in here I want to explain what's going on, because this is mainly for you." Ms. Abby says, signaling me to listen.
"Caesar is a casting agent, and is coming to the competition. He will choose one person he enjoyed watching and will keep an eye out for like modeling, acting, singing, and dancing jobs for them. Got it?"
"That's so cool!" I say as the other minis walk in.
Right away, Elliana starts being a kiss up.
"So who wants to go first?" Caesar asks as we all get into a line.
I raise my hand confidently and he asks the other girls to leave.
"So, do you want to do some improv?"
"Sure!"
The music starts and I just do my thing.
~
I walk out of the room and send Alexus in, and walk over to mommy.