Chapter 44

The classroom phone rings and the teacher stops the lesson so she can get the phone.
"Ok yup, I'll send her down." Is what we hear.
"Lilly, your mom is here to pick you up!" A bunch of kids ask why, and I suddenly remember why. Ms. Abby wants me to have a private lesson before the tryouts.
"Um, I have a dance thing." I say as I pack my bag.
I walk out of the classroom and into the office.
"Hi mom!" I say while hugging her.
"C'mon we gotta go!" She says while picking me up.
We walk out of the school and drive to the studio.
"There's my Lilly!" Mackenzie shouts as I walk in while picking me up.
"Ok Lilly go change and I'll do your hair." Maddie says. I put on a leotard, tights, and shorts. I walk back and they do my hair quickly.
We walk into studio A and I start stretching. After about two hours people are going to start coming soon. I change into my coral dance wear and get a number from the bottom of the pile. People start walking in and I'm kind of nervous. "Thank you all for coming! Everyone please walk into studio A." Ms. Abby instructs. We all get into lines and somehow I'm front and center. We do a quick warmup and then they start asking us to do stuff.
"Number 28, number 36, number 82, and number 38, thank you. You may go." Ms. Abby says. The girls walk out and we are instructed to go across the floor. Luckily that private lesson paid off because I saw a bunch of girls drop their mouths when I did a regular leap because I got so high up. More and more people are sent out, and out of two hundred girls there is now about one hundred girls. "Now we will be learning a combination, so let's start." Ms. Abby says. It's lyrical and I think I'm doing really good at it.
"Okay so we are going to do it in groups so I can watch better." Ms Abby says. I get put in group one and get into the beginning spot.

 I get put in group one and get into the beginning spot

We finish the routine and Ms. Abby smiles at me. The other groups go and she gets rid of a lot of people. There's about twenty girls left and she wants a team of five or six.
"Ok girls, I'm going to play a song and you are going to improv." Gianna says while walking over to the speakers.
A song I recognize plays and I begin dancing. A bunch of girls freeze because they don't know what to do, so they're eliminated. A few girls fall out of turns and bend their legs so they're eliminated. Lastly some girls keep doing the same thing so they're eliminated.
I'm still dancing when the music goes off.
"Numbers 141, 89, 7, 23, and 97 please step forward." Ms. Abby instructs.
"Number 83 you were amazing but today is not your day, you may leave." Ms. Abby says, the girl walks out with tears in her eyes and I feel really bad.
"Congrats! You girls are the new ALDC mini team." Ms. Abby says.
I'm very surprised that I made it because there were really good people that didn't make it.
"Go get your moms." Ms. Abby says. We get them and she talks to them.
"Ok we need a picture for my Instagram." She says while getting her phone out.
"I will see you girls here Tuesday morning at nine am for filming. If you don't come you aren't on the team. Don't come to your Monday classes, you need to be prepared for Tuesday." We all say goodbye and give hugs before walking to the car.
"Are you excited Lilly?"
"Yes!!"
"The girls seem very nice and so do the moms."
"I agree." I say with a yawn.
"So on Monday we will go to your school and take you out." Mom says.
"Ok. This weekend are we going to find a homeschool program?"
"Yup."
" Can I do online homeschooling?"
"I don't see why not. You'll still have a binder for like paper and stuff though." Mom explains.
I nod and close my eyes.
~~

"Good morning Lilly. Time to find a homeschool program." My mom says.
I get out of bed and walk downstairs. All throughout breakfast we look at a bunch until we find one that seems really good. It's like K-12 or something.
"Ok we need to do a placement test for you." My mom says.
I have to answer a few questions and they place me in first grade, the grade I'm in. We get dressed and go to target so I can get a new binder and stuff. I get a pink binder and some random stuff. We then head home and I put loose leaf and a ruler in my binder.