Chapter 36

"So start in the corner, like this."
I copy what she's doing, sitting on the ground, and smiling. We then start the actual routine. The music is great also! It's called That's What Girls Do.

I'm about halfway done, when Ms. Abby comes in.
"People are going to be here in five minutes, they can't know you were learning a routine." She says, while fixing my hair. We clean up the room I was in, putting all the smarter spotters in the corner.
"Lilly, practice this dance over the break so we can add on after." She says
"Ok!" I say, while putting my pom pom jersey back on.
We have about two minutes, so I go see mommy. She's vlogging so I wait until she's done, because I'm not allowed to talk about my routine on video. When she sees me she puts the camera down and calls me over. I tell her all about my dance. She gives me the gift for Kenzie and walks out so it doesn't look like we were here early. I see Ms. Gianna wave me over, so I rush over. We see a car and they say to act like I just got here.
"Lilly, you cannot tell anyone about your solo besides your parents, Maddie, and Kenzie." I nod. Luckily, it's only Maddie, Kenzie, and their mom. "Can I tell their mom?" I ask. She nods and the door opens.
"Hi girls! Hi Melissa!" Ms Abby says, while hugging them.

"Hi Maddie, Hi Kenzie!" I say, while Kenzie picks me up.

"Did your learn your secret routine?" Maddie whispers, causing us to laugh.

"Part of it! And shush, what if somebody hears us?" I say, with sass.
We walk into the break room and they put their bags down. They came early as well so we go on the tumble track and I practice round off back hand spring and then back tuck. But, I fall on my face halfway through the backtuck.
"Here, I'll spot you." Kenzie says.
I nod, and go again. I do the backtuck but land on my butt. They then help me do some turns, on the floor. We check the time and people should be here any minute. We walk by the desk, and start annoying Ms. Abby.
"Yeah so we're hungry." Maddie says.

"Well, we are gonna get food in a little." Ms. Abby says.

"Can we go get Starbucks?" Mackenzie begs, and I give my best puppy dog eyes.

"Fine. Take Lilly with you, watch her, don't take pictures with fans, and be back soon. Also make sure you don't see any moms or dancers." Ms Abby says, while counting the rules on her fingers.

"Here's twenty bucks, I'm expecting to be getting change." She says, giving the money to Maddie. I grab my uggs from the break room, and we walk outside. The cold wind hits our face, and it feels good. Mackenzie picks me up and puts me on her back. We quickly get to Starbucks and I think about what I'm going to get.

"Can I have a large very berry refresher?" Maddie asks.

"Can I have a medium caramel Frappucino and a chocolate chip cookie?" Mackenzie asks.

"What do you want lil?"

"Um, I'll have a medium vanilla Frappucino with whipped cream and a chocolate chip cookie please."

"Actually, make that three cookies." Maddie says.

The lady nods and hands us the cookies.

"And what is your name?" She asks Maddie.

"Oh, it's um, Bertha."
The lady gives her a strange look and writes the names on the cups. We pay, get change and walk over and wait for the drinks.

"So Maddie, why did you say Bertha?" I ask.

"Two reasons, one because I like giving fake names and confusing people. And two, because I'm not allowed to give my real name because if people hear they will go crazy." I nod, and wait for the drinks.

"Bertha" the lady says.

Maddie goes up and grabs our drinks, and a tray. Mackenzie grabs the drinks, and Maddie grabs me. We then begin our walk back to the ALDC.
We walk back in and give Ms. Abby her change. I look out the window and see the mom that doesn't like me, Ashlee. She comes in with Brynn and makes a face at me. I grab Maddie's hand tightly and she walks me into the bathroom.
"Ok, what's up? Whenever you see Ashlee you get really pale and look nervous."
"She always complains to Ms. Abby about me, and gives me faces."
"Then ignore her, and don't tell her about you know what."
I nod and hug Maddie.
"Thanks Maddie, you're the best!"
"You're welcome, now let's go have fun."
We walk out and a bunch more people are here. I see lots of the big girls, that I watch during the competition classes. Mackenzie waves me over and introduces me to Kendall and Kalani. They both think I'm really cute. I tell them how I love to do acro and they ask to see a trick. We walk into the tumble track room, and it's almost empty. I jump onto the track and do my round off back handspring, back tuck. I fall on my butt and laugh. They both clap and say I'm very good. We eventually play a game called stick it. It's so fun, especially if you don't 'stick it.' They go off to get food so I'm left with Mackenzie. She tells me it's time for the gift swap, so I grab the two gifts and walk into studio A.