Chapter 49

"Okay, time to go back to the room." Mommy says as we leave Its Sugar.
Alexus and I run ahead to the elevator, excited that we compete soon. The moms catch up and we get into the elevator. I press 18 and the doors close. As soon as they open, I grab the room key from mommy and run down the hallway, with people stopping shortly for us. We probably look like we're running from something. Some girls took pictures of us which I found weird. I finally open the door and grab my bag with my costume, and mommy grabs my hair and makeup thingy. I pack a drawstring bag with Capri leggings, a red crop top, and a white and gold ALDC sweatshirt with the red logo. I also put my candy in, along with an extra pair of tights. Before we walk out of the room I put on red flip flops and cartwheel to the elevator. I'm waiting for the elevator when someone taps me.
"Maddie!" I say giving her a big hug.
"Are you nervous?"
"A little. Are you?"
"No."
The doors open and we walk in. I press 1 and wait.
"Maddie? Or Kenzie? Can you do my hair, because my mommy can't even do a bun?"
Everyone laughs and Kenzie says she will. The doors open and we walk out, and to the escalator and then to the big dressing room for all the studios. Luckily, we brought a pop up dressing room tent to change in. I grab a chair and Maddie starts my makeup, and Kenzie does my hair. I'm done quickly and Ms. Abby isn't here yet, along with the rest of the mini team. The elites are here though, and they're either getting ready for their solos or helping us.
"Ok Lilly, go change." Kendall says as she hands me my costume and tights. I go to the tent and change quickly and saunter back out. Luckily Ms. Abby is here so she can help me run my dance.
"Hi Lilly!" She says while giving me a hug.
"Ok so here are some earrings, ask someone to put them in your ears." I nod and walk over to Mackenzie. She does them quickly and sends me back to Ms. Abby.
I'm instructed to stretch so I go into my middle split.
"Lilly, do you know where the rest of your team is?" Ms. Abby asks me while texting someone.
"Only Alexus." I say as Gianna pushes my back down.
"Ok here's my phone. Call Sari, Areanas mom, she'll come if you call."
I nod and find her contact.
"Hello?"
"Hi, this is Lilly!"
"Oh, hi Lilly!"
"Um I was wondering if you and Ari are coming to watch the solos because it would be really nice to have a lot of minis supporting me and Alexus, and Ms. Abby kinda sorta wants you to come and won't take no as an answer."
"Ok, we'll be there in five minutes."
"Ok!" I say and hang up.
"Five minutes." I say to Ms. Abby.
"Call Peyton's mom." I nod and she said five minutes also.
"Um, I'm not allowed to call Yolanda so you have to." I say as I hand her the phone.
"Lilly, what happened last night? None of the moms will tell me."
I bite my lip but tell her the story as Peyton and Ari walk in.
I give them each a hug but am told I need to practice and can't talk right now.
"Ok, Lilly and Alexus. Stand there and do leaps across, then do the other side."
I nod and do as told, and so does Alexus. We do the same thing with calypsos and tricks.
"Ok time to go backstage, soloists come over here."
"Ok Lilly, last time you did a solo you won. Are you going to let Alexus come in and take your first place?"
I shake my head no and Ms. Abby continues talking.
"Okay, if you two both get first and second, you will get team jackets."
"Really?" I ask, super excited.
She nods and sends us backstage. I run through my dance a lot and decide I'm ready.
"Please welcome act number 41, in the mini open category, Lilly with Let Me Entertain You!"

I walk onto the stage and see my family cheering for me. The music starts and I think I did really good. I walk off the stage and am given tons of hugs. The other girls do their solos and they all did really good, but I think I have a chance of beating Alexus. We walk back to the hallway and aunt Colleen sees me first.
"Lilly! You did so good!"
"Thank you."
I want to find my dad, because he's never seen me dance.
"Daddy!" I shout as I run to him.
"Are you crying?" I ask as I'm lifted up.
"Yes Lilly, you did so good!"
He puts me down and I head back to the dressing room. All the moms tell me I did a good job as I sit down. I'm done dancing for the day, the group is early tomorrow. I fiddle with my fidget spinner as I wait for Ms. Abby to come in. The door slowly opens and she walks in, with a big smile on her face. She hugs me along with the other girls.
"Ok Lilly and Alexus, put on your ALDC zip up hoodies." I nod and mommy hands me mine.
"Okay, time for awards."
We walk out of the room and onto the stage. They play some music to get us ready, but on the inside I'm super scared. This is my chance to get an ALDC jacket, and if I blow it I'll never hear the end of it from the other moms. They all act like there is never a second chance to compete. Like come on guys, Ms. Abby loves me.
"Ok we are going to start with special awards!" The guy says, way too enthusiastically.
"This award goes to someone who's music definitely suited them, and the title definitely explain this dancer! That's why the award 'Entertainer of the year' goes to Ms. Lilly with Let Me Entertain You!" I jump up and walk to the front of the stage. They give me a little certificate thing and I sit back down. They do the other special awards and nobody from ALDC got them.
"Ok, moving into our mini soloists!"
I grab Maddie's hand and Alexus' hand.
"In third place, we have Jaycee with Work!"
The girl stands up and gets her award, looking very upset about her placement.
"Before we get to second place, I would like to say that 1/10 of a point separates first and second place."
"In second place, we have Alexus with I Wanna Be A Super Model!"
She gets up and walks over. I either won first, or didn't place.
"And in first place, by one tenth of a point we have Lilly with Let Me Entertain You!"
I jump up and run over.
"And who choreographed your solo?"
"Gianna Martello and Abby Lee Miller."
"And where do you dance?"
"Abby Lee Dance Company!"
"Everyone please take a bow!"
We all bow and sit back down.
"Good job Alexus!"
"Thanks Lilly, you too!"
"Wait, oh my gosh, we're getting our jackets!" Alexus says as they're doing teen soloists.
They finish up awards, Maddie won her division along with the whole competition. I got second in the whole competition, and Alexus got third. We walk off the stage happily and into the dressing room. The moms are already in there and congratulate us. The door slowly opens and Ms. Abby walks in, smiling.
She hugs Maddie then walks over to Alexus and I, who are eating pixie sticks.
"There's my winners!" She hugs us both and brings us into the hallway.
"I have a gift for you girls."
We both look at each other with the biggest smiles on our faces.
She hands us each an ALDC jacket with our names printed on them.
"Thank you!" I say while taking my sweatshirt off and putting the new one.
"Now, don't say anything about them. See if they notice."
We nod, and cartwheel back in. Maddie's the first to notice and comes over and hugs me and then Alexus. Nobody else notices, but I think Jill sort of did because she looked annoyed.
"Ok come on Lilly time to go to the room." Mommy says, and us four walk out. They still haven't noticed and Alexus and I keep laughing at that.
"Can you please tell us what's so funny?" Alexus' mom asks.
"Nah, we're good!" Alexus says as we get into the elevator.
We get to the room and they still haven't noticed.
"Hey mom, I'm really tired. Can you take my jacket for me?" I ask, while trying not to laugh.
"Sure honey."
She takes it as I begin to undo my hair.
"Wait, didn't you wear a sweatshirt to awards?"
I nod and continue what I'm doing.
"Lilly, is this your jacket?"
"Yeah."
"Wait, so you.."
"Yup!"
Mommy hugs me and picks me up.
"I'm so proud of you! We need to tell the people." I nod and she grabs the camera. After a few minutes of vlogging, we all head to bed.