Chapter 57

I wake up to Mackenzie's alarm clock and we turn on the tv. Melissa comes up a few minutes later with a smile on her face.
"No dance until 11!"
"Can I go back to sleep?" Mackenzie asks, her head already on the pillow.
"No Mackenzie. We need to pack."
We whine like two year olds but get up. Maddie comes in to help me because she packed last night.
"Ok so we have your group costume and your duet costume in the garment bags. We have the hairpieces here, makeup there, sewing kit there, and hair supplies in the makeup trunk."
"Yeah, are we done now?"
"No. Now it's time to back your duffle."
"Ugh."
"Ok, so you need to get three pairs of booty shorts, two crop tops, and one leotard."
I put the stuff in the duffle and wait for my next instructions.
"Any other ALDC apparel, like t-shirts, socks, hoodies."
I pack a t-shirt and a hoodie.
"Ok, five pairs of regular tights, one pair of footless, and one pair of convertible."
I hand her that stuff also.
"Now we need your turnies, foot undies, sneakers, ballet shoes, jazz shoes, and tap shoes because there are master classes which you can get scholarships from."
We put those in as well and zip up the bag.
"Ok, now your suitcase."
"Will this ever end?"
"If you keep complaining it won't."
I open my suitcase and start listening.
"Wait Melissa, where is this competition?"
"We are going to Florida and extending it as a trip to Disney." Melissa says.
"Really?!"
"I didn't say anything about Disney."
"Uh... Okay?"
"Ten pairs of shorts, two pairs of capri leggings, and eight t-shirts." I pack that stuff and sit.
"Five bathing suits, a pair of goggles, flip flops, and sneakers."
"Underwear and tank tops."
"One zip up sweatshirt."
I pack it all and we zip up my suitcase.
"Wow, ok it's 10:30. Get ready for dance and I will make breakfast." Melissa instructs. I change into a crop top and shorts before brushing my teeth.
I then go downstairs and eat breakfast. Maddie does my hair, we grab our bags and leave.
-
"Perfect timing. 10:50. Go get settled in the den." Melissa instructs.
Melissa and Maddie keep whispering and then they call me out by the bleachers.
"So Lilly, you know how I have a clothing line?" Maddie asks.
"Yeah!"
"Well, since you are a big sister, we got you a present."
I unwrap the box and open it, screaming in excitement when it realize what it is.
"Thank you!" I say as I hug Maddie.
I am soon called in to run all the dances I am in.
"Hi ladies, where is Elliana?" Abby asks talking to us.
"Um, I didn't see her." I say.
At that moment Elliana burst through the door and boy Abby looked mad. She started yelling and we were rushed out of the room. I explain what happened to Melissa and Kira and they were upset because we were getting less dance time.
"Your aunt will be here soon so Abby needs to hurry up."
Finally we get called back in and run both solos, the group, and our duet. The elites then run all of their dances.
"Ok guys so we are actually flying and not taking the bus. Lilly your aunt should be here any minute. You all can go and do whatever but be back here by 2 the latest. It is 12 now. Our flight is at 4. We will be driving to the airport at 2:05. You are dismissed." We walk out and my aunt is there. I tell her everything and then we go in her car.
"Um Aunt Colleen?"
"Yeah kiddo?"
"Can mommy come home today so she can see the nursery with me?"
"I have an idea."
"That scares me, but ok."
We pull up the hospital and go right up to the room.
"Ok guys we are signing Rachel out for a bit. Everyone except Rachel and Matt know why." My aunt states as we go in the room. We sign lots of papers and drive home.
"Ok mommy and daddy close your eyes."
I help her up the stairs and stop her in front of the room. Everyone walks in except us three.
"Ok open your eyes and open the door." They do as told and walk into the nursery, and mommy screams. Daddy gasps and they walk around the nursery.
"When did you do this?"
"Yesterday. All the dance moms helped."

-

"Bye mommy I love you!"
"I love you too sweetie, do good this weekend!"

Aunt Colleen and I walked out and drove back to the studio. I walk in and am rushed into studio A where everyone is walking in.
"Ok let's run all the dances once more." Gianna instructs.
Alexus and Areana do their solos and they were amazing, I think they're going to do really well.
Me and Peyton do our duet and I think we did really good. We then run the group twice and the elites have to practice. Soon after, a bus comes up and we all climb in. I sit next to Brynn and lean on her shoulder as we watch Boss Baby on her laptop. We arrive at the airport and I go with my aunt, and Melissa and her kids come stand next to us. We check in and get ours bags checked, go through security and sit down at our gate. We were all starving so we sent the grown ups to go get us some food while we waited. Eventually they came back with some Dunkin Donuts. Mackenzie picks me up and puts me on her lap as soon as they say to get with you will be sitting with. Brynn sits on the arm rest thing and we smile when the adults look at us. Eventually it's time to board and we get on the plane. You see, we get like 4 or something rows on each side, and everyone can sit anywhere in those seats. We get comfortable and I grab Brynn and Kenzies hands during takeoff. Once we are in the air and it's okay to move around, I ask Brynn to braid my hair. She starts one of my braids and then Kenzie starts the other one. When it's done, they take a picture for me.