Chapter 37

I hand both Maddie and Mackenzie their gifts, as I get mine.
"You go first Lilly!" Maddie says
I nod and carefully open the box. It's very big, probably bigger than me.
"Thank you!" I shout, hugging them both. They had gotten me a gymnastics mat.
"Ok, your turn!" They nod and open up the boxes. I got them both candy, makeup, phone cases, and gift cards to MAC.
They say thank you and give me hugs. We fool around for a while, until mom comes to get me.
"Remember Lilly, practice. No dance until January third." Ms Abby says. I nod, and we walk to the car with the big mat. Mommy puts it in the trunk and we get into the car. I've been at dance since ten and now it's four so I'm really tired. I close my eyes, and drift off to sleep.

"Wake up Lilly." Mommy whispers.
I yawn and slowly open my eyes. We are in the driveway.
"What's today's date?" I ask.

"Today, is December 18th." I nod.

"Can Ryan come over for dinner tonight?" I beg.

"I'll text his mom."

"Thank you thank you thank you!" I say, while getting out of the car.
We walk into the house, and daddy gets the gymnastics mat from the car.
"Ok Lilly, where should we put the mat?"

"I dunno."

"Well, this is going to be an early Christmas present." Mommy says, and I nod, "we made one of the rooms a dance/gymnastics room!"

"Really?"

"Yes. Wanna see it?"
I nod, and we walk downstairs. I open the door mommy tells me to, and it's so cool! There's a ballet bar on one side, along with a stereo on the window. Mommy tells me I can put trophies on the shelves eventually.

We put the gymnastic mat in the corner, and I get my dance bag from upstairs

"Mommy, can I call ms Abby?"

"Why?"

"I have a question."
"Ok, just be quick."

She hands me the phone and I find her contact. I then press the call button. It rings and then she picks up.
A- Abby L-Lilly

A- hello

L- hi ms Abby. I have a question for you

A- oh hi Lilly! What's your question?

L- well my cousin is coming over for dinner tonight and I was wondering if I could tell my aunt about my routine?

A- I don't see why not, but just your aunt and your cousin.

L- I know

A-thank you for asking

L- thank you for letting me.

A- you're welcome honey. Bye!

L- bye!
I then hang up the phone. I tell mom and dad about the conversation and they go upstairs to text aunt Colleen. I find my music on YouTube and begin practicing my routine. I do good at the routine, I just have a problem. I always turn more than I should. And also, when I do toe touches, or split jumps I always land on my butt. I decide to get out the mat and practice some gymnastics stuff. I hear someone coming down the stairs, but I ignore it. I'm not allowed to do back tucks by myself on the ground, so I decide to keep doing round off backhand springs. I hear the door open but I ignore it, continuing my tricks. I hear clapping so I turn around and it's auntie Colleen, mommy, daddy, and Ryan. They all tell me I'm really good, and it's super embarrassing because I hate getting compliments.
"Lilly, how about you go change?" Mommy asks, looking at my Christmas themed dance wear.

"Ok!" I say, walking out of the room and up to my bedroom. I go in my closet and start to look for a cute outfit. I eventually find leggings, and a tank top. I change, and put my dance clothes in the hamper before running downstairs.

 I change, and put my dance clothes in the hamper before running downstairs

"So, what's for dinner?" I question, since I'm starving.
"We have no clue." Ryan says
"Can we get sushi?!" I practically shout.
Mommy looks at aunt colleen who tells me no.
"Why though?"
"Because."
I sigh and sit down.
"Ok, who wants to just order pizza?" Dad asks.
Everybody raises their hand, so he calls a pizza place.