Chapter Four: Kill

Tina's POV

    "She is coming fo us, Tina. I gave her our exact location." Auntie Lilith claims.

    "How? I mean, Cheyenne is smart-" 

    "I called from one of the neighbor's houses and gave our location to her."

     "How did you get her number?"

     "Got it off the internet," and my aunt waggles her eyebrows.

    "But-"

    "Stop questioning me! You are ready to take her on, Tina!"

    "But what if I fail? What if she kills you?" I don't want to be alone . . .

    "You play innocent and blah blah blah, until you get the opportunity to stab her in the back!"

    "Can't I just shoot her?"

    "I don't care, so long as I don't end up dead!" Auntie exclaims. Suddenly, there is a creaking noise in the main hall of our cabin. This is the house that Shane originally brought Cheyenne into. "Be ready, my dear. Cheyenne is coming! I don't care how you kill her, but remember. If you slit her throat, do it from ear to ear, like carving a smile into her neck. In fact-"

     "I know, Aunt Lilith." I swear, when you get the woman worked up enough, she won't stop!

    Next thing I know, I am staring down the barrel of a shotgun.

    "Tina? Oh my God, Tina!" The shotgun falls to the worn cherry wood floor, discharging once, somehow, and I watch blood flower in Auntie's thigh from a bullet wound. I am pulled into the arms of the woman who came into the cabin, weilding the shotgun. "I missed you so much, honey."

    "Get the h*ll away from me!" Once I have breathing space, I realize who it is. "Mom? But-"

    "I am here, now, sweetheart," pain flickers through Jillian, my mother's eyes. I feel joy that I am finally seeing her, then I just feel pain from the losses I thought I had of her. Then, I am just flat out p*ss*d because of her. Lilith has taught me so much about how awful Jillian is. My mom is now Jillian to me, depending on how long I can keep myself from killing her . . .

    "Jillian," Auntie calls out. "What a pleasant surprise."

    That's it! I launch myself at the woman standing before me, pen knife swiping through the air.

    "No, Tina! We need her. You can kill her later!" I settle for tieing Jillian up after I tackled her. I think she is in shock of some sort . . .

    I have returned from locking Jillian in the cellar not five minutes before there is more creaking. Aunt Lilith and I exchange looks. This better be Cheyenne this time . . .