Chapter Forty Nine: Bursts to Life

Lysander's POV

    Cheyenne and Shane only have to stay in intensive care a little longer, if everything goes well. I think I get to go home too, depending on where home is. My old home, the pack house, i am sure has been burned to the ground by any surviving hunters. But as for the unlikelihood of any surviving wolves, besdides myself . . . . Only a few bodies were missing from the main battle field. And even fewer of those were missing from the surrounding lands . . .

    "Oh my-" I have to zone out of Cheyenne and Lysander's mixed conversation and laughter. We all share a room in the hospital, divided during the day only by white curtains that match the rest of the peircingly bland walls and building. 

     "Lysander!" Is that . . . Leo? "Lysander, turn on the d*mn television!" Sure enough, that of which may be my only surviving pack members bursts into the small hospital room. It is more like a shallow hall than anything else.

    "Cheyenne, television!" I groan. She had to be the only one with a remote in this room, didn't she?

    Bright colors fill the room, blinking from reds and yellows to blues and greens, and even black and white at certain points, as the television bursts to life.

    "The news channel. Quickly!" Leo shouts at Cheyenne, ecstastically adn bearing no patience. WHat has gotten into him? My beta has never behaved like this . . .

    "What number for the channel? I don't know the stations," Cheyenne explains. Leo launches himself across the room, sitting on Cheyenne, while commandeering the remote. As she is suffocated beneath his rear, Le selects the channel he wants and groans when he finds that commercials are currently running about one of the constant Old Navy sales. At least we only caught a second of the previosu Big Mac commercial!

    "Ok, Leo. Chill out, she will kill you if you don't get off of her. And if you thouroughly deprive her of oxygen so that she can't kill you, her boyfriend will," I chide in, looking to Shane, who is eyeing up his IV. I already know that he is debating the risks of getting off of his own rear end to pull Leo off of Cheyenne. "I am not kidding about your enormous behind on top of the girl, mate."

     Leo mives, with a scowl, and plops down, instead, on the foot of my hospital bed.

     "Shh, sh!" Leo screeches at the three of us, despite th efact we had all been silent. I chuckle, and am rewarded with one of his best glares.

    "At five past three P.M. yesterday afternoon," a bubble headed, bleach blond news anchore starts, "Katrina Dorian was arrested." Cheyenne gasps and Shane looks half as if he will p*ss himself, but looks like he is tempted to grin. What on Earth . . . .

    The short, anorexic-thin type of woman continues in her black pencil skirt and white dress shirt on screen, "The woman is an imigrant from Portugal. She is under charges for smuggling, illegal immigration, four counts of murder, theft, and two counts of attempted murder. The two victims of the attempted murder are currently in St. Mary's hospital . . . " I zone out as the woman gives details. This must be the Kat that Cheyenne spoke so fondly of. 

    "Is that the woman who shot you two?" Leo asks when a mugshot of the dark haired, tan woman appear on screen. I nod, remembering her thick accent, as I lay on the floor of the hospital bleeding out when she spoke to Shane.

    A nurse comes in, scowling at Leo, until he shoots her a grin. "Sorry hon, but vivsiting time is over. These patients need their injections."

    "Aww, c'mon! Five more minutes? Pleeaaseeee?" Leo begs like a small child.