Chapter Sixteen: Give Her a Chance

Shane's POV

    "So, what happened the other day?" Kera asks. "It's like you get sick around the full moon every month!" Oh no.

    "I don't know-"

    "Do you need to get tested for tropical communicable diseases or something? Oh my God! What if it is spread through kissing?!" We both laugh it off. At least this brings up an opportunity for a change in topic.

    "When is Prom supposed to be?" I ask.

    "What is today?" Kera asks in return.

    "The day I tickle you!" and the tickle attacks begin, and Kera shall suffer severe stomach aches from laughing so hard after this!

----------------------------------------

    I wander around through the swamps, the park, even by the bluffs in my alternate form for hours. I search in vaine for Cheyenne. I am so confused by everything going on. Fromm the bluff's occurances to why I even have Amnesia. I am getting over it though. I remember my Aunt Jillian and fragments of memories involving Tina, who was like my little sister instead of a cousin.

    I cannot find Cheyenne anywhere, so by dawn, I have to shift back and go back to my trailer. I am too exhausted. Come as You Are by Nirvana describes my feelings, as best as any song at the moment.

    "Come as you are, as you were,

As I want you to be

As a friend, as a friend, as an old enemy.

Take your time, hurry up

The choice is yours, don't be late.

Take a rest, as a friend, as an old memoria

Memoria

Memoria

Memoria

And I swear that I don't have a gun

No I don't have a gun

And I swear that I don't have a gun

No I don't have a gun

Memoria

Memoria

Memoria

Memoria - and I don't have a gun

Memoria

Memoria"

    I am only half way to my trailer when I realize that I am being followed. I whirl around and there is my white unicorn, almost running straight into me. A head on collision involving large horns would not be enjoyable. I throw a random t-shirt at her that should be long enough. I turn away so that she can shift and dress.

    Only, when I turn back around, the glare Cheyenne wears is accompanied with some blue and black buckled top with leahter looking pants, combat boots and weapons, not my t-shirt.

    "How?" I ask, as she throws the Metallica concert shirt at my head.

    "I carry a satchel on my back. Don't question me."

    "How did you find me?"

    "I happened to be in the neighborhood as a unicorn before you phased back." Cheyenne is not a woman of detail this morning . . .

    "Oh. Well, I was looking for you all night."

    "Why?"

    "So I could do something like this-" I close the short distance between us-

    "No."

    "Say what now?"

    "I said no," Cheyenne replies, stiffly.

    "Why?"

     "Because you shouldn't cheat on Kera."

    "What if she isn't the one one I love?"

    "So, have you been lying to her about your feelings?"

    "No! I would never lie to her- I just-"

    "You can't love is both. I have already experiecned your heartbreak. Give Kera chance, why don't you," and with that, Cheyenne turns around and jogs off.