Chapter Fifteen: Lysander

Cheyenne's POV

    I am avoiding the park today. No more of that place for awhile. Too many bad thoughts, and I need to clear my head. I wonder what windowshopping would be like in a small toen in Florida?

----------------------------

    Strolling down the endless aisles of books, I feel happy, contempt. When I wasn't busy tracking people down and killing them for vengeance or turning into a unicorn, which started when I was twelve, an early age, I would spend my time escaping into the pages of fantasies. Some werewolves here, some vampires there. I loved the supernatural and paranormal books beyond any word's descriptions. What can I say?

    Selecting a book, Divergent, by Veronica Roth, from one of the Sci-fi teen fiction shelves, I find myself pulling out my wallet. This one was going to be added to my collection! Amongst other books I find, I choose the Hunger Games, Wither, and City of Bones, before I decide to look for the music secction of the store. 

    Flipping through folders of sheet music, I remember my old piano lessons, from before my family started moving around. Before I truly fell in love with music as an animal, too. Before I grew a horn and a silvery, shaggy tail . . .

        I look at the pages of Titanium. I couldn't sing from looking at the music, but  I knew the song. I knew how to play piano from sheet music, but unfortunately, I don't see one of those lying aroun . . .

    "You shout it out

But I can't hear a word you say

I'm talking loud not saying much

I'm criticized

But all your bullets ricochet

Shoot me down, but I get up

I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose

Fire away, fire away

Ricochet, you take your aim

Fire away, fire away" the notes come out clearly, and it feels good to sing a powerful song like this, by David Guetta, featuring Sia.

    "You shoot me down but I won't fall

I am titanium

You shoot me down but I won't fall

I am titanium" This time, someone joins in with me. I decide to continue, not knowing who is trying to perform a duet with me. My fellow singer remains hidden behind one of the shelves in the large store. So, I continue. Maybe they can keep up?

    "Cut me down

But it's you who'll have further to fall

Ghost town and haunted love

Raise your voice, sticks and stones may break my bones

I'm talking loud not saying much

I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose

Fire away, fire away

Ricochet, you take your aim

Fire away, fire away

You shoot me down but I won't fall

I am titanium

You shoot me down but I won't fall

I am titanium

I am titanium

I am titanium."

    My fellow singer is keeping up quite well, with his crystal clear voice, reaching even the highest notes.

    "Stone-hard, machine gun

Firing at the ones who run

Stone-hard as bulletproof glass."

    Someone is standing right behind me . . .

    "You shoot me down but I won't fall

I am titanium

You shoot me down but I won't fall

I am titanium

You shoot me down but I won't fall

I am titanium

You shoot me down but I won't fall

I am titanium

I am titanium."

    I turn around during the last note and am founding looking directly into the eyes of blue eyed guy with shaggy hair. I estimate him to be about a year older than me. He has a wide grin across his face, so happy looking that I can't help but smile, too.

    "So who is this?" he asks with a heavy British accent.

    "Who is asking?" he laughs, before introducing himself.

    "I am Lysander. I am no criminal, merely an interested, elgible bachelor with an appreciation for a pretty girl with a love of music and can hold her ground. Oh, and I like a girl with her I.Q."

    I laugh, before saying, "I am Cheyenne. What makes you think I am so smart?" I ask, waggling my eyebrows jokatively.

    "Well, your selection of books for one- But hey, do you come here often?"

    "Well, Lysander, this is my first time, actually."

    "That is what I though. Surely I would have remembered someone as interesting as you."

    "Does that mean that you come here often?"

    "I work here, actually."