Chapter Thrity Seven: Becaus I Like it

Shane's POV

    I reluctantly agreed with Cheyenne to go with the werewolves to Lysander's home, which is apparently their pack's main house. It is in the outskirts of the city, so that the back yard is partially hidden in the swampish area.

    "Any questions that you absolutely need to get answered before we get down to business?" Lysander asks, sarcastically.

     "Yes, actually," Cheyenne sniffs. That girl knows exactly how to press people's buttons  Just one of her many fine qualities, I suppose.

     Lysander rolls his eyes, acting like a complete *sshole. 

    "Why are there no female pack members? It seems kind of sexist-"

    "Because we don't like women amongst our ranks. We find ourselves far more superior," Lysander retorts, straight faced.

    "How can you say something like that?!" Poor Cheyenne is absolutely appalled.

    "I was just joking, geeze," Lysander groans  "Go see if we have any bread and butter, Rahoul," Lysander adresses the scrawny, blond haired wolf that had called Cheyenne and I petty humans.

     "Why toast?" I ask.

    "Because I like it," Cheyenne answers me, knowingly, as she glares at Lysander  He must have really P!ssed her off to get her this angry at anybody. I would hate to ever be on her bad side like this!

    "Cheyenne, you were always so smart! I still can't believe you did not catch on to everything earlier. Anyways, the werewolf genetics, as it turns out, will only allow a transformation in females. I don't completely know why, but females can still carry the wolf genomes  but they will never be able to phase like males."

     "Whatever. Why do you assume that we can help you with the hunters, Lysander?" I finally find my voice.

    "When Cheyenne went around on her killing spree, she missed a handful of your relatives. But that is probably because they were close friends to her, well our, great great grandparents."

    "Say what now?" I can imagine Cheyenne putting her hand son her hips with the amount of sass in this single sentence.

    "Oh, yes. She didn't know!" Lysander actually laughs for a beat. "Our great great grandparents were friends with your own," Lysander looks into the depth of my eyes. "That was, until one of your great great aunts was turned into a unicorn. And, yes, this was over a hundred years ago, so the conditions were perfect, Cheyenne." I had forgotten all about how specific unicorn changing conditions were to have just right. Every fifty years, and so on, as was done to me . . . "Then your relatives deicided, as qaukers, that they needed to put down Cheyenne's great great uant, whom was my great great grandmother. Fortunately, she had already passed on her legacy. The werewolf gene had obviosulsly not affected her, but as you can imagine," Lysander goes on, "This all  put a gand end to their friendships."