Chapter Fourteen: Safety Precautions

Jillian's POV

    I am sitting on the short, hard, velvet couch filling in the crosswords in my new puzzle book when Cheyenne bargess in. "What is a word that ryhmes with lick that means-" I start to ask, before I see how p*ssed the girl looks.

    "D*ck!"

    "I was saying that describes choosing- Oh! It is pick! Not a pervy choice . . ."

    "When I said d*ck, I meant like a self centered, careless-"

    "Skip to the end, please, hun," I try to be polite.

    "Jerk faced b*sterd!!" Cheyenne concludes. Well someone was not having a very nice unicorn transformed outing.

     "What boy did you meet?"

    "Your newphew!"

    "Why the accusing tone? Are we PMSing tonight?"

     "How would you feel after finding out that you- whatever he was to me before the Amnesia- ruined your future car, hospitalized you, was a unicorn because of your blood all this time, made out with another girl in the park in front of you, then saved you from falling off a cliff and kissed you after being extremely confusing?" Geeze, with that long of a sentence was needed to describe her mood, I knew that it wasn't going to be a good one!

    "Highly confused, probably. I give you full permission to kick him in the-"

    "And then he starts cussing at you about being confusing to him!" she continues.

    "Well-"

    "And then-"

    "What else happened, girly?" I ask, trying to be gentle. "I have to go check on Tina. If there is much more, can it at least wait until I get that taken care of?"

    "Sure. I will just stay here and sit on the red velvet couch, brewing miserably."

    "Ok, I will be back in five minutes," poor girl.

---------------------------------------------

   "Tina? Are you awake?" Out of nowhere, I am face down on the floor, a gun at the back of my head. The cold metal digs into my scalp. "Tina? It's me, honey!"

    After a moment, the gun is pulled away.

    I snatch it from my daughter's small hands. "That is Cheyenne's .9 millimeter! What are you doing with it?!"

    "Safety precaution."