Chapter Five: Escaping Fugitive Life

Cheyenne's POV

    "Hands in the air, Lilith," I callout as I kick down the door to them miniscule room that she and Tina are in. I hold the .9 millimeter pointed at Lilith's heart. "I want to talk to you. Tina, go in the other room, please." Lilith nods at Tina before she actually obeys me. Odd.

    "What did you want to talk about, sugar?" Lilith asks, faking hospitality and kindness.

    "Why did you kill all those people in the woods that nigh, over a year and a half ago?"

     "They were your kind. They got in my way. To take doen your kind was the only way to get to you and get your blood to-"

    "And why did you lie about Shane, Jill, and I?" I push. Please answer! I cross my fingers, hoping.

    "To save my own *ss. What did you think? Why do you want answers anyways?"

    "Because-"

     "No matter, I am going to kill you anyways!" I automatically pull the trigger on my gun. I had to replace it when coming back to the U.S. because they obviously don't allow weaponry on planes. After I got the tip about Lilith's location, there was not time for smuggling my weapons onto a boat.

    I turn the switch off on the voice recorder I had hidden in my leather jacket. Mission success. Now I had to find Jillain and grab Tina so we could get out of here!

    "Tina!" She automatically appeared in the doorway, her hand sbehind her back. "Where is your mom? I know that she came here before me."

     "In the cellar," is all the girl says. She doesn't look as fragile as the last time I saw her, before Lilith had her stolen away.

    "I will be back in a moment then!"

    In the cellar, I light a match from my pocket so that I don't trip over the wine bottles everwhere while trying to find Jillian. She pulls the remaining rope free of her arms and torso as I reach her. Jill rips off the patch of duck tape on her mouth and says, "You couldn't have gotten here sooner?" I reach out a hand and help her to her feet.

    "Thanks for your help Jill," I couldn't have pulled this off without her assistence. I knew that Lilith was expecting me. She wouldn't have been expecting her own sister as my decoy though.

    "No problem."

    "How did Lilith get the spring on you, though? You could have taken her before I even got here!"

    "She forced Tina to attack me. Poor girl. My daughter trapped with the phsyco I called my sister," we both chuckle before heading back upstairs. So long as Tina was actually forced to act against her mother, I was fine with bringing her with. It was time to start a new life.

    "Tina! Do you want to come with us to Florida? We are going to collect Shane and get a fresh start!" I hear Jillian trying to persaude her daughter that things would be fine soon.

    Shane, whom I had stayed away from for his own protection. Theoretically, Lilith had thought him dead. I had stayed away from him to keep it that way. His amnesia should be better by now. First thing was first though. I needed to get the recording to the authorities so that his, Jillian's, and my names were all cleared. Lilith confessing setting us up and lieing about everything was our key into escaping lives as fugitives.