Chapter Fifty: Epilogue

20 years later:

Cheyenne's POV

    "Honey, over here," I say to Delayna, my oldest daughter. She grabs Lakota's hand. Leo grins at his son, then looks at Shane and I.

    "I told you guys that they would end up together," and Leo winks. His pack, the first of the three reborn packs, has gathered with my own family. Delliah,  Shane's and my youngest daughter, skips with her only brother, Luke. He is our middle child, aged four years older than Delliah, hiself being nine. 

     From the corner of my eye, I see Lakota tickle Delayna. They are a good pair, even though he is werewolf and she has proven to be unicorn. They look like twins, though, with their green eyes and and raven black hair, unlike the rest of my family.

    Lakota is one of Leo's many children, being the oldest of at a total of eight. 

    "Come everyone," Shane calls. The thirty some teenaged werewolves, divided in the three different packs, join the side of my family and Leo's. Shane and I link hands, and kneel at the memorial site of Lysander and the other fallen werewolves, the generations of unirocns before my own, and the fallen hunters of a twenty year old battle.

    "They fought well, with everything they had," claims Naomi's father. He is one of the few remaining hunters, all of whom have retired. Thousands of them died in that battle.

    The future is uncertain. But we all have to learn to get over the pains that our presence as enemies once began. We have to move on from all the people we lost. 

    I reminisce in this cemetary. This mass memorial site in which not all of the bodies could be indentified. It is surrounded by willows and forestry in a place far from the battle field. Ferns waver in the wind, as I recall and tally my losses.

    My parents and all the family I once had. Countless friends. Almost the future.

    Beyond all the family and pain, I have a new life, and although I still suffer nightmares, I have learned to cope. For what else was there to do?