Chapter Twenty Six: What I Really Need To Do

Shane's POV

    I don't know what to do! What to do with myself, where to go. I could transform and run from my problems forever. I could go beg Kera to take me back. I just don't know anymore. If Cheyenne won't have me, then I truly have nothing to live for.

    I fumble in my pockets with my hands for a moment, as I walk down the hot Florida sidewalk, downtown. I pass a tech store. That is the big advantage of living in a big city- technology on every street corner. 

    Strolling in with a welcome and chilly breeze, I automatically look around the small shop. Laptops on that wall, giftcards on that one. I look around until I find the white wall with the musical devices. Striding straight to the large Ipod touches, I know how I will get over my problems.

    I shall make my escape with music!

     I tell the short cashier what I want. the man wipes his head with the top of his head. A thick shean of sweat covers his head, excapt for the half ring of gray hair spanning from ear to ear on the back of his head.

    "$1,600 for both, son," he weezes. Mabe I shouldn't have chosen to get a Macbook Pro, too . . .

    "Here," I pull out a rubber banded wad of green bills from my back right jean's pocket. Basically, all of my summer's savings . . . Well, I needed to spend my money on somehting!

-----------------------------------

    I sit on a bench by Dairy Queen's, donwloading music from youtube and synching it to my new Ipod. to kick off my new new beginning, I need a theme song!

-------------------------------------

    A small group of people forms around me as I move my limbs to the music. I sing to Audioslave's Gasoline. Fortunately, I had downloaded the kareoke version of the song, so that I could still sing it yet not compete vocally and STILL dance to the actual song.

    "House is haunted; I just want to go for a ride, out and on, before I set this room aright.

Left alone, forever, and for crimes unclear.

With my patience gone, someone take me far from here. Yeah.

Burning that gasoline, yeah. Burning that gasoline.

New day yawning, another day of solitaire.

House is honest, clearly more than I can bear.

Drag me off, before I set my world on fire.

Out and gone the sun will never set tonight. Yeah.

Burning that gasoline, yeah. Burning that gasoline.

No "What for's," Only a can of red.

It's this danger on it, I have found another way.

Burning that gasoline, yeah. Burning that gasoline.

Burning it all the way, burning it all the way."

    When I finish, people shout enchore around me. They still want to watch me move to the music, letting the sound fill my body, myself merely a physical instrument for the movements.

     This tiem I will go for a song that emotionally hits home for me at the moment: P!nk's Glitter in the Air.

    "Have you ever fed a lover with just your hands?

Closed your eyes and trust it, just trust it?

Have you ever thrown a fistful of glitter in the air?

Have you ever looked fear in the face and said, "I just don't care."?

It's only half past the point of no return

The tip of the iceberg, the sun before the burn

The thunder before the lightning and the breath before the phrase

Have you ever felt this way?

Have you ever hated yourself for staring at the phone?

Your whole life waiting on the ring to prove you're not alone

Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry?

Have you ever invited a stranger to come inside?

It's only half past the point of oblivion

The hourglass on the table, the walk before the run

The breath before the kiss, and the fear before the flames

Have you ever felt this way?

La La La La La La La La

There you are,

Sitting in the garden,

Clutching my coffee,

Calling me sugar

You called me sugar

Have you ever wished for an endless night?

Lassoed the moon and the stars and pulled that rope tight?

Have you ever held your breath and asked yourself will it ever get better than tonight?

Tonight"

    Tears well in the eyes of the bystanders who watch me. Then I know what I really need to do.