Chapter Six: Memory Lane Vs. Ice cream

Shane's POV

    "I will go get us some ice cream," I offer to Kera in the park. How I loved Saturday afternoons! We usually spend the entire time in the park feasting on icecream or apples from the tree we would sometimes climb. Just a couple of hours alone together, in the great outdoors. I couldn't ask for anything better!

    "Ok! I will have my usual!" Kera smiles.

    "Be back in a few," I return the smile, a light feeling in my stomach. Although I cannot remember the past, I know that I never got thos feeling. The feeling that I didn'tt have to do anything but be happy in my life. The feeling of ease and happiness.

    Halfway to the otherside of the park, where the ice cream man kep his stand, a random girl came up to me. I can't say that she was not pretty, with her long, wild blond hair and peircing blue eyes that looked like a calm sky. But something about her set me on edge, even if you ignored the fact that she was striding straight towards me.

    I quicken my pace, but not enough to avoid jer without being completely obvious.

    "Shane!" The stranger, taller than average for a girl our age, and thin in a healthy sort of way, wraps her arms around me with surprising strength. I remain stiff, and when she breaks away from embracing me, her smile is has faded. "What? What is wrong?" She seems thouroughly puzzled.

    "Who are you?" I ask.

    "Haha, very funny. You know me better than anyone! Remember me, your Cheyenne?" She laughs for a beat, and I have no clue what she is talking about. Maybe she broke out of a mental institute? The only alternative I can think of is that we went to the same day care and she had a creepy crush on me. I highly doubted that, though.

    "I seriously have no idea who you are!" Why can't she understand this?!

    "Heart beats fast

Colors and promises

How to be brave?

How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?

But watching you stand alone,

All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow.

One step closer" She sings. I can't help but join in. It is like I lose control of my own voacl chords, and the song becomes a duet.

    "I have died everyday waiting for you

Darling, don't be afraid I have loved you

For a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more

Time stands still

Beauty in all she is

I will be brave

I will not let anything take away

What's standing in front of me

Every breath

Every hour has come to this

One step closer

I have died everyday waiting for you

Darling, don't be afraid I have loved you

For a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you

Time has brought your heart to me

I have loved you for a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more

One step closer

One step closer

I have died everyday waiting for you

Darling don't be afraid I have loved you

For a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you

Time has brought your heart to me

I have loved you for a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more"

    We finish, and I gasp for air. It is like I have been electrocuted. but I still don't remember. She must see it in my eyes that I don't remember, because she sings Legendary Lovers by Katy Perry, like I had the other day when I was alone. I sing back up, but I don't know what she expects of me.

    "Do you remember me now?" Cheyenne asks.

    "No-" I have several random imagaes of her face in my mind, like I had many missing memmories of her. "Well, sort of. Just forget it! Stay away from me!"

    I run back to Kera, my only thoughts were about how confusing all of this has become.

    "No ice cream?" Kera laughs.

    "Sorry, I guess I forgot. This girl-"

    "Uh-oh. Should I be worried about this girl?" Kera raises an eyebrow playfully.

    "No, she was quite strange. The weird girl, "I emphasize, so that we both laugh, although I still feel uneasy. "She intercepted me- And don't think about it dirtily, Kera!" I warn, knowing how her mind works. "So she just-Oof! I don't want to talk about it, if you are alright with that."

    "Whatever you want," Kera presses her lips to mine. Problem was, I still was thinking of Cheyenne, instead of Kera. I didn't know what to make of the experience with her.