Take a chance: Imagine for Nikki

This imagine is for nikkithebreeze

Nikki's POV

"You know he likes you right?" My friend Hannah said to me.

"He doesn't like me Hannah" I replied.

We were sitting outside on the bleachers by the fired watching the guys practice. My friend Hannah has been trying to convince me that Jace Norman, a popular kid who is captain of the football team and has a bunch of girls swooning over him, likes me. Yeah, right.

"Nikki, he is always checking you out and my brother who is on the football team always talks about how he talks about you. Thats a sign" Hannah said.

"No thats gossip" I replied back.

Hannah rolled her eyes, "Why can't you just accept that someone likes you Nik?" Hannah asked.

"I don't know, it's just been a long time since I've been in a relationship and we still don't know if it's true. Plus I thought Jace was still with Ella?" I asked making Hannah shake her head.

"They broke up again, Ella cheated on him with Dave" She said making me gasp in surprise.

"Dave!" I asked shocked.

"Yeah, who knew they were hooking up?" Kathy shrugged.

"Poor Jace" I said.

"Not really" A voice said making me snap my head up. Jace was standing before us with his gym bag slung over his shoulder.

"Hi" I quietly said. I look back at Hannah who is smiling very wide.

"I gotta go Nikki, my moms here. I'll see you later" She said quickly standing up from her seat and running away.

"Wait Hannah-"

"Bye" She yelled.

I turned my attention back to Jace to see him smiling at me.

"Can I sit?" He asked.

"Yeah" I replied. Jace and I sat in silence for a good three minutes until he turned and faced me.

"So your friend told you that I like you" Jace said making me snap my head towards him and widening my eyes.

"Yeah I know it's true, you're popular and I'm not and that would ruin your reputation-"

"I like you" Jace said cutting me off.

"Like I said you like girls like Ella-" I cut off when I realized what he said.

"You what?" I asked shocked.

"I like you" Jace repeated making me blush and look down at my hands

"No you don't" I told him.

"Yes I do Nikki, I've liked you since Hannah introduced you to me at Ella's birthday party" Jace explained.

"Wait, so you liked me for two months while you were dating Ella?" I asked.

"Yeah" Jace replied.

"You can't like me while you are with another girl" I said.

"I knew Ella was cheating on me with Dave. I could tell by the way she was acting" Jace explained.

"I'm sorry that you were cheated on" I apologized.

"Hey" Jace softly said using his finger to lift my chin up, forcing me to look at him. "You had nothing to do with. People can't help the people they fall for. I can't help that I fell for you Nikki. But who wouldn't. You're beautiful, athletic, smart, kind, plus your not a slutty bitch like Ella" Jace said making me smile and laugh.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes, I asked Hannah to help me get to you" Jace said.

"Wow" I replied.

"Yeah, can I kiss you?" Jace asked making me laugh.

I nodded my head and he leaned in and kissed my lips. My first kiss was amazing and I had it with someone you cared about.

Two years and still going strong. I had Hannah to thank for that:)