Part 9

The walk back to Olivia's was silent but comfortable as Rick and Aaron accompanied me.

"I'm sorry about how I might have come off back there.. and what I said to Daryl." I apologized, "I just thought-"

"No need to apologize," Rick chuckled, "That's nothing compared to the outbursts I've seen over the past few years."

"Well, then I take back my apology." I joked, causing him to laugh.

***

"I'm gonna go get another load." Rick informed as we put down another set of boxes in Olivia's garage.

"Yeah, I'll come with." Aaron nodded.

"Liz," Olivia said, gesturing me in her direction, "I'll start showing you how we keep track of the supplies.

I complied, walking over to her before she started running me through the chart that she kept. It was extremely well organized and held everything from food to guns; which actually reminded me of my gun.

"Um, I'm sorry," I said cutting her off, "Where's my gun? I never got it back after Rosita took it from me."

"Oh, yeah," she nodded, running the pencil she had in her had along the edge of the paper before stopping, "It's right here, safe and sound."

I furrowed my eyebrows, a bit confused, "Do I get it back at any point?"

"Deanna doesn't allow guns to be carried around Alexandria," she sighed, "But if you ever go outside the walls, it's all yours."

I nodded, remembering one of the rules Deanna talked about, "Okay, fair enough."

***

As the evening rolled around, Olivia and I finished up sorting and taking inventory of all the new supplies.

"Thank you so much for helping today," she chuckled, "You made my life like ten times easier!"

"You're welcome," I smiled, "It was honestly kinda fun."

She laughed, "Well then, I'll see you sometime tomorrow."

"Deal, see you then." I said, walking out the door of her house and through the now quiet streets.

As I was approaching my house, I heard Rick's voice in the distance, causing me to turn in his direction.

"Liz, can I talk to you?" He asked, walking closer.

"Yeah, sure." I answered, kind of nervous about what he might say.

"About everything that happened with Daryl earlier today," he began, "I still want you to go on runs-"

"I told you, I like working alone," I shrugged, "I'll do the runs, I just rather go alone then have to deal with someone who doesn't want me there."

"That's just it, I don't want you going out there alone." He said, "You know, as much as the rest of us, that it's not safe to be out there without someone to back you up; especially the further into town you go."

"Rick, I know what I'm doing-"

"Meet me by the gate tomorrow morning around 9; we'll figure it out from there, ok?" He cut me off.

I sighed, nodding, "Okay, fine."

"I'm just looking out for you." He reassured me.

"No, I get it." I nodded again, "I'm really tired though, I think I'm just gonna go crash for the night."

"Good idea, sleep well."

"You too," I said walking up to the porch, "Goodnight!"

"Night!" He said as he walked back to his house.

As much as I appreciated Rick's concern over my wellbeing, I wasn't going to wait at the gate for him tomorrow.

_____
Thoughts so far?
I know there are probably some of you just wanting to see things go in between Daryl and Liz, but don't worry, that'll be coming very soon!