Part 54

After I had taken a quick shower and threw on some comfortable clothes, I sat downstairs and waited to see if Daryl would show up; an oddly fascinating book laid in my lap as I brushed through my damp hair.
Even after everything that had happened-- Alexandria getting raided, the herd, Carl's injury, and my leaving, everything seemed like it was slowly falling into place again; with a few bumps along the way of course.
I knew I wanted to talk to Carol more about why I left and I also felt like I needed to talk to Daryl about what happened with Spencer, even though I'm not sure it matters much, I just needed to find the right time to do both.

Just as I started getting more comfortable, I heard a faint knock on my door before it was slowly pushed open, Daryl on the other side.

"Hey," I smiled as I watched him make his way over the the couch, tiredly taking a seat after setting his crossbow down, "I didn't see you after I got done helping Maggie and Enid with the garden-- how'd putting up the wall go?"

"I's with Rick planning a run for later this week," he murmured, his slightly damp hair in his face, "Walls up though-- its secure."

I nodded slowly, my mind drifting as any care for what we were talking about flew out the window. I quickly moved the book from my lap before crawling across the couch and over to Daryl, where our lips met. His body tensed at the sudden contact, causing me to pull back, my heart racing a million miles a minute as I waited for a sign-- for anything to tell me to keep going, before he soon pulled me back in, our lips connecting once again and causing sparks that pulsed through my body.

I hadn't felt the way I felt with Daryl in such a long time, and even then, the connection was never this strong; I never needed someone this much. I felt so safe and accepted when I was around him, like I could tell him anything and he'd understand it and listen.. I've never had someone like that before. I never had someone that cared so much about my safety and wellbeing, or someone that knew me so well-- almost better than I knew myself. It's like, even in a world like this, fate had finally brought us together.

I pulled away slightly, our dazed, lust hungry eyes meeting as I nearly felt lost for words, "It's getting late," I breathed, "We should probably head upstairs.."

His eyes slowly scanned my face before he nodded, "Yeah." He mumbled.

I drew my bottom lip between my teeth as my body refused to move, still craving more of him, before I finally got up, Daryl following closely behind as he unexpectedly intertwined his fingers with mine.

***

As we made it upstairs, my nerves finally began to settle before our lips were soon moving in sync once again; nothing fast or overly dominating, but more sweet and slow-- it was a kiss that made me feel safe, like all of the moments I shared with Daryl.

My shaky hands reached for the hem of the shirt he was wear, desperately wanting to pull it up before he softly grabbed my wrist, the kiss breaking as our eyes connected.

"Please.." I breathed, "I'm not gonna leave again-- I want to stay here with you."

His eyes stayed on mine before slightly nodding as he pulled the shirt over his head, his hands then hesitantly reaching for the hem of mine as I pulled him close for another kiss, silently signaling for him to continue.

As he pulled my shirt off, I lightly ran my hands over his chest, able to feel his heart beating as fast as mine was and knowing that what we were doing was crossing huge barriers that we had both put up in the past; afraid to let anyone in.. until now.

I pulled him in again, our lips meeting before my hand blindly found the light switch on the nearby wall, turning it off and immediately making the air around us more comfortable for one reason or another.
My hands then began to fumble with the buckle on his pants, my mind getting impatient as my body craved him more and more.

And this time, neither of us held back.

_____
I'm so sorry this chapter is so late and shorter than the ones before it, I've been so incredibly busy with things in my personal life but I'm trying my best to keep up with writing these chapters

Also, if you've noticed, the sequel to For The Ones I Love, still hasn't come out yet, mainly because I am so busy and I really didn't think Trust Me would still be going on at this point, but it will be coming out soon!

ALSO, I knew that it was going to be hard to put Daryl into any kind of sexual situations whatsoever, but I had no idea I would struggle this much with it tbh
I'm still debating whether or not to continue on with what you just read, and make an actual sex scene, or to just kinda move past it, since Daryl and sex tend to not go together that easily. There will be more in the future tho, I predict!

Let me know what you think!