Part 78

I leaned against the back of the tub, the warm water from the shower cascading down onto my lower legs as I prayed the noise would finally drown out my thoughts.
It felt like the pain would never end-- that it was only a matter of time before each and every one of us met the same fate as those we had already loss. What's the point of trying so hard to live if you're just constantly dodging death? I was never good at dodgeball.

I let out a sigh as I heard a knock on the bathroom door, just wishing the shower nozzle was a radio dial that I could turn up louder to get away from the inevitable.
Another few knocks came at the door but I continued to ignore them-- pretending that they didn't exist so the goal in my head wouldn't fade.

***

My reflection in the foggy mirror seemed like a different person, not a bad person, but a person I didn't know; she wasn't strong, but she wasn't weak. She seem determined no matter the cost, even if it was the ultimate one.

Growing up I never knew my place-- everyone seemed to fit in somewhere and I always found myself drifting between a handful of things. I was always drowning in my thoughts and waiting for the moment I'd finally find my reason for being where I was, and to this day-- to this minute, I still haven't found it. But that wasn't going to stop me from forcing a reason upon myself that, no matter that outcome, would have some sort of impact on the world around me.

As my wet hair began to soak the back of my shirt, I finally left the isolation of the bathroom, heading into the bedroom before I saw Daryl waiting in the chair that sat in the corner of the room.

I bit at the inside of my cheek, not knowing what to say to him and not really wanting to say anything. I loved Daryl, that was a sure thing, but right now, my heart ached at the mere thought of him-- let alone actually being close to each other.
I wish we could've met on different terms.. I wish we could be together without the constant fear of losing the other.. but that's changed now, and my mind is set on something else.

"We ok?" He mumbled as I looked up at him.

I sighed, leaning up against the wall as I looked back down at the ground beneath my feet, "The guy who uh," I paused, swallowing harshly, "Took your things and killed Denise-- what did he look like?"

There was a pause, "Why?" Daryl's rough voice questioned, obviously suspicious as to what I was getting at.

I shrugged, slowly shaking my head, "Just want to know-"

"Why do ya wanna know what he looks like?" He asked again, cutting me off.

"Why won't you tell me?" I asked, my voice quiet but determined as I looked back up at him.

He shook his head as he stood up out of the chair, pushing past me through the door.

"If you don't tell me I'm just going to get it out of Rosita-" I began before he cut me off.

"She ain't gonna tell you."

"Then I'll ask Eugene or Abraham-" I argued before he stopped me once again, turning back to face me.

"Why do ya wanna know?" He asked again. And though the answer was clear to both of us, I could tell he was hoping it was something else.

I let out a sigh as my eyes met with his, the love I had for him being shadowed by what I felt like I needed to do, "I'm gonna kill him."

_____
Once again a short chapter, but I felt like this was a really good place to stop-- an interesting cliffhanger.

I really wanted to take you guys inside of Liz's mind so you could really feel what she's going through in this moment-- a kind of dread, bloodlust, and almost a death wish.

Everything here and forward will play into For The Ones I Love and also into the upcoming sequel which I can finally reveal will be called: Mistakes I Made

Only a few chapters left..
Let me know what's going on in your head!