Part 13

As soon as I pushed open the door, I was met face to face with 4 walkers, all coming at me with great force. I stumbled back in shock before seeing a back door out of the corner of my eye, and quickly making my way over to it.
Even with as many walkers as I've killed, I still hated taking on multiple ones by myself and tried to avoid it as much as possible.

I turned the handle of the door, hoping it would open, but it felt like it was blocked from the other side. Panic immediately set in as I desperately began ramming my shoulder into the door, praying that whatever was in front of it would get pushed out of the way.
Thankfully, my prayers were soon answered when I lunged at the door one last time, causing it to violently swing open as I nearly stumbled to the ground. But it turned out, luck just wasn't on my side today when I looked up and saw another small group of walkers coming my way.

As I tried to regain my composure, flashes of the herd that left me stranded on top of a car, raced through my mind.

I pulled my gun from my waistband and aimed it at the closest walkers head, immediately taking it out before shooting at another and missing.

My shaky hands and anxiety filled mind getting the best of me as I was now getting backed into a corner, unable to make a sound as I began picturing the end.

"Hey!" I heard a familiar voice call from behind the herd, "Hey, come on ya ugly sons of bitches!"

The voice drawing nearly half of them away and pulling me out of my fear induced trance enough to start defending myself again.

I shot at two, taking them both down before aiming at the last one near me and pulling the trigger.. but nothing happened; my gun was jamming.

"Shit!" Daryl yelled, my eyes immediately looking in his direction as he was now struggling to push away a walker that was dangerously close.
I watched as he held it back against his crossbow, his free hand fumbling with the knife at his side before it ultimately fell to the ground.

I dropped my now useless gun to the ground before pushing the large walker near me as hard as I could, giving me just enough time to do the last thing I knew I could.

I pulled my newly acquired knife out of its holster, delicately gripping the handle before bringing it over my shoulder and sending it flying threw the air in Daryl's direction.
Then in a split second, I was on the ground, desperately trying to protect myself from the walker that was now on top of me.

All I hoped for was that my knife hit the right target.

_____
Decided to do a double upload for you guys, even though there aren't many reading lol