(1)Slipping into Cerulean

'Never really ready to be the first one to break the addictive trance...'

Slipping into Cerulean

"And so, after sharing her yummy basket full of goodies, little red and the wolf popped open a vintage bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon and-"

"Okay! Woah... You do know that's not how the story goes at all, right?" I shot him a pointed look, but Thanatos' smirk didn't falter.

"I'm well aware, angel, but my version is better."

"Your version sounds like the beginning of a low-budget porno."

Thanatos scoffed; "Is there any other kind of porno?"

I sighed with exaggeration and smacked the hand away that was trying to pinch my cheek; "Every fairytale has a 'moral to the story', so what's your angle with this one? Share wine with your murderer and hopefully get them drunk enough so you can escape?"

"Close," Thanatos said as he leaned further down into the thick pillows of the big bed, "...but not quite."

I crossed my arms and shot him a snarky smile as he lifted his eyes to mine. A tremor flew through me at a colossal speed leaving me fixated and hanging on his every movement.

"The moral of the story is to give the wolf a chance before you hack him to pieces."

I froze, but my heart didn't bother to follow as it began to race.

Good gods, why was he looking at me like that?

Why was I looking at him like this?
With so much... hope.

"Oh... That's...actually pretty nice."

Thanatos' tender eyes skimmed over my face. They landed on a stray lock of hair and he gently tucked it behind my ear, his fingers lingering for longer than necessary, but I couldn't bring myself to complain. Feeling the cold want as they left my skin, I shuddered.

What's been happening lately? Was this feeling of unease brewing in my stomach still from yesterday's incident?

I remember only bits and pieces, and the rest Thanatos and Conrad had filled me in on at the local hospital.

Samaria and I were attacked yesterday morning, by an assassin sent to kill me, and it wasn't your average, run-of-the-mill assassin- it was an Erinys.

Or more commonly known as a Fury.

Furies are spirits who pursue and torment the doers of unavenged crimes. Thanatos had also mentioned that they're extremely stead-fast in the old ways of thinking- never really coming to terms with the new order of Olympus. They used to fly down onto the wounded and dying men on the battlefields in Greece during war times and feasted on their screams and flesh.