(29)Whole Cerulean Hearts

*Suggestive content warning

'There was nothing in this moment other than complete and utter euphoria

'There was nothing in this moment other than complete and utter euphoria...'

Whole Cerulean Hearts

"So... You took out two Furies..."

I smiled seductively up at Aurora as she yawned; her head against the soft pillows. She was leaning against my headboard, a clean nightdress on, and her eyes droopy from the hot shower. Her hair was still wet as she giggled and slid her head down to rest on my outstretched arm; "Scared of me yet?"

I chuckled and pulled her closer; "Terrified."

We kissed softly; the feeling regenerating me more than any good night's sleep ever could- even after a thousand years of insomnia.

The feeling of having her safe, in my arms, was beyond words. There was nothing I wanted more in this twisted universe than the soft lull of her breathing singing me to sleep.

Finding her there- at the supermarket, all smeared in dirt and grass- a look of pure boredom on her face- I felt like I was about to pop a blood vessel. Did she not realise I had been going out of my mind the last few hours searching high and low for her. I'd nearly burnt down a hotel in the town nearby out of pure anger.

Just the thought of losing her- I couldn't even think about it now, with her giggling in my arms like she'd never left.

I tightened my hold protectively. I wasn't planning on letting her go any time soon. Lady Claudia and Professor Lorne would have to wait a day with her training. For now, she was mine- until I felt like giving her back to reality.

"You're squashing me!"

I smiled down at her with amusement; "The mighty Fury-killer defeated by a simple cuddle? How unexpected..."

"You should've seen it!" Aurora grinned broadly and popped up from the bed with more energy than she should have; "They thought they had me cornered, but I quickly separated them and while the one was chasing my mirage, I got the other into an open field and-"