(37)Periwinkle with Serendipity (Part 2)

*Song-  Two Ghosts, Harry Styles

 'To have this need to possess me

 'To have this need to possess me...'  

Periwinkle with Serendipity (Part 2)

Aurora sat on the couch's armrest, tapping her foot impatiently

I watched her, my eyes trying to soak in every inch of her. It was hard- there was so much beauty to process.

She turned her head to me, a small frown on her face; "What?"

"Nothing." I said as I lowered my eyes back to the cup of coffee in my hand.

Her foot tapped again as we waited for her friends to arrive. They'd just gotten back home from university, quickly unpacked and were headed straight here to greet her first. I was happy for her- she seemed genuinely excited to see her two best friends, but at the same time, I was upset.

I'd wanted to be with her- alone, but that was selfish, and I needed to learn how to curb that trait. Aurora deserved to be happy, no matter what.

But there was something else bothering me too- it wasn't just the fact that I had to share her with them, but I also felt slightly... left out.

What was I to her? A friend with interesting benefits?

I wanted more than just that.

'Boyfriend' sounded strange, and so human. And it didn't sound at all permanent.

I wanted more.

I wanted to be her best friend, her lover, her... everything. Her demon, her saviour, her soulmate. Ugh, why did that sound so feminine? I'm not sensitive like Hypnos or idealistic like Poseidon. Then why did the these thoughts linger?

A car honked outside and Aurora shot up from the couch. I placed my cup down on the table and followed slowly behind as she ran to the front door. She ripped it open, a large beaming smile on her face. I leaned back a bit in the shadows as I saw two young girls run towards her with open arms. The silver car's doors were slammed shut with no care in the world.