Epilogue

Epilogue

I sat in Hera's observatory on Olympus, a glass of red wine in my hand and the feeling of my upright posture starting to ache down to my legs

It's been a week since Zeus' death and a week since I've been back home- in Thanatos' palace. Or, I should rather say our palace. All the girls were removed, my things were brought over to his room and my old chamber had been turned into a big jungle and climbing course for Trimorphe.

The adorable snow leopard was more than happy to see me back home and the first night in the palace she'd followed me everywhere- much to Thanatos' annoyance.

Hypnos was back as well, but he looked far more rested than the last time I'd seen him. Alexus, however, looked tired. Hades had her working harder than ever, now that he was the new king of the gods. She barely touched pause, but I could see the familiar fire in her. At least she was enjoying the work.

Conrad and Samaria were more than happy to welcome me back to Donata, and even thought my holiday was still supposed to carry on for another week, I'd asked Professor Lorne and Lady Claudia if I could start sooner. I had little time to dawdle- especially with Sybaris lurking about.

We'd heard nothing from her after the incident in the abandoned school, but word spread that she was furious with us for killing some of her children. As can be expected...

As for the snake Hermes, Thanatos' reapers had him under close surveillance. Whatever he did, wherever he went- we knew about it. It wasn't too long now, then we'd bring him in when no one would question his whereabouts.

This was a delicate matter.

Speaking of delicate matter- my friends and my parents were being watched just as closely by reapers. Day and night they were being protected by trained, mythical bodyguards. If Trita and Sonya knew, they'd probably kill me, but I couldn't risk losing them. The thought itself made me physically ill...

Since Sybaris could suck out magic, a force field was pretty useless, but those reapers weren't something to mess with, and with Thanatos making his daily rounds to Earth, she was even less likely to attack without real cause.