(11)Indigo Heat

Alright, so some mild WARNING here- if you do not like to ready steamy scenes then just follow the stars(*), they'll show you were to stop and start reading again.

Or just skim read, because some of the dialogue is quite relevant.

Granted, this is NOT a sex scene, but it does contain suggestive content.

*SONG- A way of life, Hanz Zimmer

"Call me 'my lord' and I'll make you see heaven

"Call me 'my lord' and I'll make you see heaven."

Indigo Heat

Indigo Heat

We landed with a thud in front of my bedroom door.

Thanatos waved his hand and the black abyss disappeared with a puff of smoke. I patted my hair down; adrenaline still coursing through my veins. His portal felt more exhilarating every time I was sent through it and I was starting to rather like it.

"What a party!" I exclaimed as I neatened my dress. Thanatos smiled tiredly. I felt quite guilty since he couldn't enjoy the party as much as he usually would've, given that he needed to stay sober enough to guard me from any ill-intensions. 

I had to admit- knowing he was there, watching over me, really gave me more courage to relax and enjoy the evening. The gods aren't so bad after all...

"It certainly was..." His reply was soft and thoughtful. He was acting rather strange.

"Are you okay?" I asked softly. Was it the virtue ring? Was it still bothering him?

Thanatos' eyes widened; he was surprised by my concern; "Yes, I'm fine."

I nodded. There was no use in trying to probe the man with a thousand different masks. I smiled and turned to my door; "Thank you again for tonight. I really appreciate everything you did."

Thanatos was silent.

I waited for his reply, my hand resting on the handle of the door, feeling the cold brass under my hot skin. I closed my eyes after a few seconds of torturous waiting and a pain shot through my body as I heard him walk away.