(43)A Tanzanite Throne for my legacy

'Grief hung like a putrid stench in the air...'

A Tanzanite Throne for my legacy

"Wait," I stopped Thanatos before we could enter the great throne room and hall

We were back on Mount Olympus; the corridors seemed much less vibrant than the night of the party. The gold glittered and the glass chandeliers and torches were bright with flames, but all in all the palace looked lifeless.

Thanatos stopped quickly and I tugged him to a quieter spot. I'd already told him most of what Pan had told me, but I'd left out one very important piece of information. I needed him to process all before I'd ask him who Pan's father was- and I needed him to calm down even more.

Once there was a face to the name, there would be no holding back the god of Death.

"What's the matter?"

I scanned the foyer for unwanted ears; "There's one more thing Pan told me, but you need to promise me you won't go berserk."

Thanatos' stare was emotionless and that's how I knew he was trying hard not to let his anger show; "Aurora, tell me."

I gave him a pointed look, but decided to go ahead and ask; "Who is Pan's father?"

Thanatos' eyes narrowed; "Why?"

"Because his father is one of the three traitors."

Thanatos eyes grew wide and I watched as the fire grew. He looked livid as he hissed; "I knew it!"

"Keep your voice down!" I whispered and tugged him closer; "Who is it?"

"That bastard, Hermes."

A shaky breath escaped my parted lips; partly in relieve at finally having a name and being closer to ending this, but also partly in having it not be someone I truly respected or knew too well.

"What do we do now? We can't give away the fact that we know he's involved."

"When I get my hands on him-"

"No!" I stopped his threat midway; "Thanatos, we need to keep ourselves in check here. This is like chess. One wrong move-"

"And they take my queen."

I blushed, his blazing eyes too potent for me; "They won't hurt me until I find what they're looking for."

"Sybaris seemed not to care. We need Hermes to talk- to give us the other two."

I nodded and scanned around us again just to make sure we weren't overheard; "What do you have in mind?"

"I'll send my best reaper out to discreetly keep an eye on him, and when the time is right, and Zeus' death has subsided a bit, we strike."

I nodded; "Capture him?"

"Yes. I'll use any means necessary to get those names from him."

I knew he meant torture. I didn't want to imagine all the things Thanatos could do to a man's body that would cause inconceivable pain.