(14)Spindrift Blue Barracades

'They were fairly similar in some aspects, but I could definitely see why Opis had told me that Hypnos was like the sun to Thanatos' moon...'

Spindrift Blue Barricades

I adjusted my backless, nude-coloured dress as I waited for Opis to open the door to Thanatos' chamber

I adjusted my backless, nude-coloured dress as I waited for Opis to open the door to Thanatos' chamber. Thanatos had set it out for tonight and I had the feeling I knew why- it was scandalously form-fitting.

I felt my heart beat faster as the old man smiled and said; "You look beautiful, my lady. My lord will be very pleased with your choice."

I smiled gently and said a soft 'thanks'. I hope Thanatos did appreciate it- it's not like it was actually my choice... But granted, I did want to impress him- and this dress would certainly do the trick.

I was nervous and my hands were sweaty; not only because I was about to meet Thanatos' brother, but also because I was about to see him. It's only been a day since I'd last seen Thanatos, since we'd agreed to keep our distance from each other just to be cautious, but already I could feel my skin prick with anticipation at the thought of his red eyes staring intensely down at me.

I breathed in deeply and steadied myself as Opis put his hand on the handle.

With some force, as the door was rather heavy, Opis swung it open and I stepped through.

The long, oak table was made up with candles, silverware and dark red napkins. Along the side stood piles of food and drinks, and on the other side the fire raged in the hearth.

I clasped my hands in front of my dress as two dark figures at the end of the table stood up and placed their tumblers on the table.

My heart stilled to a soft hum as our eyes met across the room.

He was as handsome as ever- his black attire showing off his muscled built and his black hair combed back, leaving a few unruly strands hanging by his forehead. I was dazed as he walked towards me; those red eyes full of longing.

I gulped as I tried to control myself- remembering to think of his twin, and how we weren't alone.

Thanatos trailed his eyes down my form in approval. He licked his lips and quickly cleared his throat. I froze as his hand found its way onto the small of my back and led me forward towards the figure bathed in the light from the fire.

"Aurora, this is my brother- Hypnos."

I smiled politely at the man in front of me, but as he walked closer, I felt my eyes widen.

Well, they both definitely got the ungodly handsome gene in the family.

Fuck me.

Hypnos was the same height as Thanatos, but his build was a bit less muscular, but still impressive. They didn't look like twins, to be honest, but I could see the resemblance in some ways. They both had sharp, intense eyes- Thanatos' a deep red and Hypnos' eyes were a dark orange. I'd never thought I'd see a man with red eyes, never mind orange either.